These Tofu Burgers are super quick and easy to make. You can make a full meal out of them by eating with rice and veggies, or serve them with salad for a yummy starter. They’re also great for sharing at dinner parties!
I use Cauldron Original Tofu, but you can use any similar hard, plain tofu.
Tofu isn’t just a healthy meat substitute, but delicious in its own right!
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- 400g hard, plain tofu
- 1 egg
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Chop up the tofu into pieces and squeeze out the excess water
- Place into a wide, shallow bowl and mash until smooth (use a fork or potato masher)
- Add the egg, spring onions and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly
- Shape into 8 flat burgers
- Heat oil in frying pan and fry burgers on both sides until cooked through and brown and crisp on each side
- Serve with a dip made from soy sauce (tamari if gluten-free) and sweet chilli sauce