Not only are these healthy blondies low sugar and vegan, they’re also super quick and easy to make, requiring just one bowl and very simple ingredients.
They’re also incredibly delicious – think dense and fudgy peanut butter-flavoured blondies swirled with sweet strawberry jam and topped with crunchy and salted roasted peanuts.
I replaced normal butter with peanut butter to make this recipe vegan and they’re also low sugar because the strawberry jam is already sweet – to make it free from refined sugar, you could buy jam that’s been naturally sweetened or use a homemade one.
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- 130g smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup (or sub sugar/any other sweetener)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- 85g self-raising flour (or sub plain flour + 1 teaspoon baking powder)
- Splash of milk, any kind
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Handful of roasted salted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Mix together the peanut butter, vanilla, maple syrup, salt and oil
- Sift in the flour and mix carefully – add a splash of milk and mix until you get an even batter
- Transfer the batter into a greased (square or rectangular) baking tin
- Dot the strawberry jam on top and use a chopstick or fork to evenly swirl the mixture into the batter to create a marbled effect
- Scatter over the roasted peanuts
- Bake in oven for around 30 minutes until firm and golden brown
- Leave to cool before cutting into squares