These Vegan Peanut Butter Jelly Blondies are the perfect delicious but healthier sweet treat!
These blondies are surprisingly healthy, inadvertently vegan and they can easily be made refined sugar free too. They’re also super quick and easy to make, requiring just one bowl and a handful of simple ingredients.
I love the contrasting flavours and textures in these blondies: think dense, fudgy, salty-sweet, peanut buttery blondies swirled with perfectly tart strawberry jam and topped with crunchy, salted roasted peanuts.
The blondies are easily made refined sugar free as you can buy a naturally sweetened strawberry or raspberry jam, or use a homemade one – chia jam would work pretty well here I think!
This is what the journalist Eve O’Sullivan said about them: “Rhian Williams’ peanut butter and jelly blondies look like the stuff of kids’ parties, but are actually low in sugar and can be dairy-free. You can change the jam to suit your child’s taste, use coconut oil and unrefined peanut butter, or even try it with a homemade spread.”
These blondies would be absolutely perfect for afternoon tea! If you’re looking for more similar recipes, check out my Cherry Bakewell Blondies and Raspberry Dark Chocolate Blondies. If you love peanut butter and jelly treats as much as I do, you might like my Peanut Butter Jelly Granola Bars.
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- 130g (4.5oz) smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sub sugar/any other sweetener)
- Pinch of salt
- 90g (3oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 120ml (1/2 cup) milk, any kind
- 3 tablespoons strawberry or raspberry jam (refined sugar free if necessary)
- Handful of roasted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (350 degrees)
- Mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup and salt
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and add the milk, then mix carefully
- Transfer the batter into a greased (square or rectangular) baking tin lined with baking paper
- Dot the strawberry jam on top and use a chopstick or fork to evenly swirl the mixture into the batter to create a marbled effect
- Scatter over the roasted peanuts
- Bake in oven for around 30 minutes until firm and golden brown
- Leave to cool before cutting into squares