I am in love with these Vegan Chocolate Date Caramels.
They’re crunchy on the outside and beautifully soft and slightly chewy on the inside, whilst the caramel-like sweetness of the dates and the slightly bitter dark chocolate is perfectly complimented by the oh-so-sophisticated touch of flaky sea salt.
These little treats are so much healthier than store-bought chocolate caramels, but just as delicious!
I find that soft, plump Medjool dates work best for this recipe, but you can use other varieties if you want.
These little chocolate caramels are super simple and easy to make, and make great homemade gifts…or you could just eat the whole lot yourself.
They also taste great if you add half a teaspoon of nut butter inside the dates before coating them in the chocolate. Peanut butter or almond butter work particularly well!
If you like these chocolate date caramels, you’d also love my:
- Healthy Snickers Ice Cream Bites
- Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Chocolate Bars
- Cashew Chocolate Truffles
- Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles
- Dark Chocolate Amaretto Prunes
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
These Vegan Chocolate Date Caramels are crunchy on the outside and beautifully soft and slightly chewy on the inside.
- 12 (Medjool) dates, pitted
- 40 g (1.5oz) dark chocolate (ensure dairy-free if necessary)
- Pinch of flaky sea salt
- Melt the dark chocolate, either in a bain-marie or a microwave
- Take off the heat and dip the dates into the bowl one by one to coat them in chocolate (either do this with your hands or with a spoon and fork)
- Transfer the chocolate-covered dates onto a sheet of greaseproof baking paper
- Immediately sprinkle them with a pinch of sea salt (whilst the chocolate is still melted)
- Place in fridge for a few hours to harden
- Keeps in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week
Thanks for reading! If you’d like to receive a FREE COPY of my ebook of the 10 most popular recipes on my blog, you can sign up here.