These Tropical Granola Bites are a tropical variation of the Maple Pecan & Cranberry Granola Bites I posted about the other day! These crunchy bites are a great snack as they’re easy to transport and will fill you with lots of sustainable energy.
Although obviously a healthier option than chocolate, a lot of shop-bought granola/cereal bar-type snacks are pretty high in sugar, but if you make them yourself at home you can control exactly what you’re putting in them!
Not only are these snack bites delicious and insanely moreish, they’re also incredibly quick and easy – less than 30 minutes from start to finish and you can make them in just 4 simple steps.
Incidentally, they’re also gluten-free and vegan!
Combining flavours of papaya, coconut and brazil nut, these tropical bites are a real escapist snack: take them to work with you and pretend you live on a tropical island as you munch on them as a 4pm pick-me-up. I think the addition of cinnamon really enhances the flavour, but not everyone loves cinnamon, so I’ve kept it optional, but I would really recommend adding it.
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- 200g oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 6 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 handfuls dried papaya (or pineapple or mango) pieces, chopped smaller if necessary
- 100g brazil nuts, chopped into small pieces
- 4 heaped tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 6 tablespoons golden syrup/agave syrup (or sub honey if not vegan)
- Optional: few tablespoons seeds (eg. sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds…)
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Place all ingredients in a bowl in any order and mix well until it forms a slightly sticky mixture that can be easily moulded into small bite-sized pieces – add a splash of water or milk (any kind) to help it stick together if necessary
- Use two teaspoons (or your hands) to mould the mixture into 24 equal bite-sized pieces and place on a baking tray lined with greased baking parchment
- Bake in oven for around 15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown