These Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Chocolate Bars are much healthier than a Snickers but taste pretty similar – think gooey, caramel-like dates, rich, creamy peanut butter and crunchy peanuts enrobed in perfectly sweet, silky dark chocolate made extra special with a hint of sea salt.
Using dark chocolate makes these chocolate bars taste particularly sophisticated, and also means they’re more easily vegan, but you can substitute with milk chocolate if you’d prefer a sweeter flavour that more closely resembles a Snickers.
I came up with these because I wanted a foolproof recipe for a home-made chocolate bar that’s really easy to make: these require only 5 ingredients and take just 10 minutes to prepare!
Chocolate bars don’t come much healthier than this – they’re naturally sweetened with dates, and using dark chocolate means they contain less fat, too.
Creating a marbled effect with the peanut butter is ridiculously easy but makes them look pretty impressive, which means they’re great as gifts!
If you like these, you’ll love my:
- Chocolate Date Caramels
- Healthy Snickers Ice Cream Bites
- Dark Chocolate Amaretto Prunes
- Cashew Chocolate Truffles
- Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
These Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Chocolate Bars are made with caramel-like dates, creamy peanut butter and crunchy peanuts enrobed in perfectly sweet dark chocolate.
- 50 g (1.7oz) good quality dark chocolate (ensure dairy-free if necessary)
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- Generous pinch of flaky sea salt
- Handful of roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or in the microwave
- Lay out a sheet of greaseproof paper and spoon the melted chocolate onto the paper in rectangular shapes
- Scatter over the dates, peanuts and sea salt and drizzle over the peanut butter (melt in a bain-marie or microwave if too thick)
Place in the fridge to leave to set
Peel off greaseproof paper
Keeps in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week
Thanks for reading! If you’d like to receive a FREE COPY of my ebook of the 10 most popular recipes on my blog, you can sign up here.