These Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Chocolate Bars are much healthier than a Snickers but taste pretty similar – think gooey, caramel-like dates, rich, creamy peanut butter and crunchy peanuts enrobed in perfectly sweet, silky dark chocolate made extra special with a hint of sea salt.
Using dark chocolate makes these chocolate bars taste particularly sophisticated, and also means they’re more easily vegan, but you can substitute with milk chocolate if you’d prefer a sweeter flavour that more closely resembles a Snickers.
I came up with these because I wanted a foolproof recipe for a home-made chocolate bar that’s really easy to make: these require only 5 ingredients and take just 10 minutes to prepare!
Chocolate bars don’t come much healthier than this – they’re naturally sweetened with dates, and using dark chocolate means they contain less fat, too.
Creating a marbled effect with the peanut butter is ridiculously easy but makes them look pretty impressive, which means they’re great as gifts!
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- 50g (1.7oz) good quality dark chocolate (ensure dairy-free if necessary)
- 3 (Medjool) dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 heaped tablespoon peanut butter
- Generous pinch flaky sea salt
- Handful of roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or in the microwave
- Lay out a sheet of greaseproof paper and spoon the melted chocolate onto the paper in rectangular shapes
- Scatter over the dates, peanuts and sea salt and drizzle over the peanut butter (melt in a bain-marie or microwave if too thick)
- Leave to set at room temperature or place in the fridge
- Peel off greaseproof paper. Keeps in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week