This Strawberry Chocolate Crumble is another perfect dessert for summer!
The oven acts as a transforming agent for the strawberries in this crumble, somehow managing to make them sweeter and more intense in flavour, whilst keeping them perfectly juicy but not watery.
For the topping, I opted for my go-to combination of oats and ground almonds, and decided to add some cocoa powder too – after all, who doesn’t love strawberries with chocolate? You can also (optionally, but I highly recommend it) add some dark chocolate chips.
This crumble is best eaten when still warm from the oven, and I love to serve it with a scoop of (dairy-free) chocolate ice cream. Leftovers are also great eaten cold for breakfast with coconut yogurt.
Just like my Mango Cardamom Crumble, this version here is actually easier to make than a regular crumble!
You don’t have to spend ages crumbling butter into flour and sugar with your hands, just put all of the ingredients (which are all basic ones that you will be able to find at your local supermarket) in one bowl in any order and mix together.
Looking for more chocolate treats? Check out my:
Want more fruity desserts? You might like my:
- Pear Dark Chocolate Pudding
- Cherry Bakewell Cake
- Prune Dark Chocolate Almond Pudding
- Black Forest Cake
- Strawberry Sponge Layer Cake
- Raspberry Dark Chocolate Blondies
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
This Strawberry Chocolate Crumble is so quick to make and the perfect dessert for summer!
- 2 handfuls of strawberries, halved or quartered depending on size
- 200 g (14oz) oats (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 100 g (3.5oz) ground almonds
- Handful of flaked almonds
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste (or sub any other sweetener)
- Optional: 2-3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips (ensure dairy-free if necessary)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees (350 degrees)
- Spread the strawberries across the bottom of your oven-proof baking dish of choice
- Place all the ingredients for the crumble topping into a bowl and mix well
- Spread the crumble mixture evenly over the strawberries
Bake in oven for 40-50 minutes, or until the top is crispy and strawberries have become soft
Best served warm with some (dairy-free) chocolate ice cream. Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
Thanks for reading! If you’d like to receive a FREE COPY of my ebook of the 10 most popular recipes on my blog, you can sign up here.