“Vegan Eggnog?” I hear you ask.
Yes, I know eggnog is usually made with milk, cream, sugar, eggs. But this version here is really healthy and because it’s vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free, it also suits a wide range of dietary requirements!
I came up with this recipe because I love eggnog but can never be bothered to make it properly as there are so many steps involved. So I recreated one without eggs which made it so much quicker and easier – all you have to do for this version here is heat up your milk of choice and mix in some spices. You can even make it in a microwave if you want!
My secret for making this Vegan Eggnog so delicious is this Plenish unsweetened cashew milk that I’ve absolutely fallen in love with! I’ve especially enjoyed using it to make Golden Milk and it’s become my go-to milk for making hot drinks because it becomes deliciously rich, creamy and slightly frothy when it’s heated up.
I like to sweeten this Vegan Eggnog with a little maple syrup or date syrup, both of which add a deliciously cosy, slightly festive taste. But feel free to use sugar or any other sweetener you like, to taste.
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- 1 cup any kind of milk (I recommend unsweetened cashew milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice (or a mixture of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or date syrup, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan on medium heat and mix well (if you want, you can use a whisk to ensure it’s all mixed properly)
- Turn off the heat once it’s thickened up a little and started to bubble, and pour into a mug
- You can also add some instant coffee/freshly filtered coffee/chicory powder to make it into an eggnog latte, or add rum/brandy/Bourbon to add an alcoholic kick!