This fresh, fruity and fragrant Grapefruit Carrot Juice is the perfect way to start the day, especially if you’re on a health kick for the new year!
But don’t worry, it’s not one of those scary “healthy” juices that taste like swamp water, thanks to the addition of citrusy grapefruit and sweet apple. I’ve liked adding oranges to my carrot juice for a while now, but grapefruit was a new revelation! It adds a wonderfully fresh, fruity, fragrant aroma to the juice, and the acidity nicely balances out the sweetness of the apples.
This Grapefruit Carrot Juice is super easy to make, requiring just 3 ingredients! Unfortunately you’ll need a juicer to make it, rather than a blender. Raw carrots, grapefruit and apples are packed full of Vitamin C, so a great way to boost your immunity to fight off all those winter colds.
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 carrots
- 1 apple
- Cut grapefruit in half and peel off skin
- Cut each peeled half grapefruit into eights
- Trim the ends off the carrots (no need to peel) then cut into thick slices
- Cut the apple into half remove the stalk and the bottom, and then roughly chop into smaller pieces
- Put all of these through a juicer
- Add water to dilute the juice if you wish
- Best enjoyed immediately