Inspired by my Pear Dark Chocolate Pudding, this Prune Dark Chocolate Almond Pudding is also gluten-free, grain-free and vegan, and is even quicker and easier to make!
All you need is one bowl and 9 simple ingredients, and everything will come together in just over half an hour.
Prunes and chocolate may seem like a strange combination, but the natural sweetness of the prunes and the slightly bitter dark chocolate is a truly winning combination.
I got the idea to soak prunes in almond liqueur because of the Japanese alcoholic drink umeshu which is made by soaking unripe plums in alcohol and sugar.
This pudding consists of a rich and fudgy almond base topped with boozy Amaretto-soaked prunes and little pockets of rich dark chocolate, all finished off with some crispy, toasty flaked almonds!
This Prune Dark Chocolate Almond Pudding is also relatively healthy as it’s low in sugar: the only sugar it contains is what’s naturally found in the prunes, a little in the dark chocolate and a tiny bit of maple syrup in the pudding itself.
I love to serve this warm from the oven with a scoop of (dairy-free) vanilla or chocolate ice cream.
Looking for more chocolate treats? Check out my:
- Mississippi Mud Pie
- Salted Caramel Adzuki Bean Brownies
- Chocolate Baked Donuts
- Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Chocolate Bars
- Vegan Chocolate Date Caramels
- Dark Chocolate Amaretto Prunes
- Chocolate Truffles
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
This Prune Dark Chocolate Almond Pudding is vegan, grain-free, gluten-free and requires just one bowl.
- 2 tablespoons oil (vegetable, olive or coconut)
- 240 g (2 cups) ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (almond liqueur) (ensure vegan/gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or sub any other sweetener)
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) milk, any kind
- 6 prunes soaked overnight in Amaretto
- 40 g (1.5oz) dark chocolate chips or chunks (ensure dairy-free if necessary)
- 3 tablespoons flaked almonds
Preheat oven to 180 degrees (350 degrees)
Mix together the oil, ground almonds, Amaretto, maple syrup, baking powder, vanilla extract and milk in a bowl
Transfer the mixture into a greased baking dish of choice (I used a 7inch/18cm baking tin)
Place the prunes on top, and scatter over the flaked almonds
Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
Thanks for reading! If you’d like to receive a FREE COPY of my ebook of the 10 most popular recipes on my blog, you can sign up here.