Blueberry Crisp (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
This Blueberry Crisp is juicy, jammy, rich and perfectly sweet. It's the best comforting dessert that can be enjoyed hot or cold.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 750 g (26.5 oz) fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (or sub any other sweetener)
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
Place the blueberries, lemon juice and maple syrup in a baking dish (I used one measuring 26 cm (10 inch) by 18 cm (7 inch) and 7 cm (2 1/2 inch) tall)
Place the oats, dates, coconut oil and almond milk in a food processor and whizz until you get a fairly smooth and firm dough
Use your fingers to crumble the topping over the top of the blueberries until it is all used up and the blueberries are completely covered
Sprinkle over chopped pecan nuts, if desired
Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on top and the blueberries are completely softened
Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
- You can top it with any type of chopped nuts before baking: pecan nuts, walnuts, pistachios, desiccated coconut, flaked coconut etc.
- For an oil-free option, substitute the coconut oil in the crumble topping with nut butter such as almond butter or peanut butter.
- If you're not into blueberries, you can substitute them with strawberries, raspberries or peaches (but bear in mind you would need to use more sweetener depending on the type of fruit you use and how acidic it is).
- You can add some ground cinnamon to the blueberries.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 301mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 51IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg