Vegan Peanut Butter Microwave Mug Cake 3-Ingredients
This Vegan Peanut Butter Microwave Mug requires only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes to make! Easy to make, refined sugar free, gf optional.
Prep Time 4 minutes
Cook Time 1 minute
Total Time 5 minutes
- 4 tablespoons plain flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or sub any other kind of plant-based milk)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup to taste (optional)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients together in a mug/small bowl until it has the consistency of cake batter - add a splash of milk if it's looking too dry
Microwave for 50 seconds, or until the cake has risen and cooked through - test with a skewer or fork and make sure it comes out clean. Microwave in 10-second bursts until you get your desired result
*Or sub 4 tablespoons rice flour or your favourite gluten-free flour blend
You can also make this in the oven instead of the microwave. Just bake at 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for around 15 minutes, or until risen and an inserted skewer or fork comes out clean.
Adapted from Kirbie's Cravings