Vegan Cookie Dough (Gluten-Free)
This Vegan Cookie Dough is rich and fudgy, perfectly sweet and 100% edible! A quick and easy dessert or snack.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 60 g (1/3 cup) pitted dates soaked overnight in cold water or in hot water for 10 minutes
- 100 g (1 cup) ground almonds (almond meal) (or sub ground walnuts or oat flour)*
- 30 g (1/8 cup) smooth almond butter (or sub peanut butter or any other nut or seed butter)
- Pinch (Pinch) of salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon (1/2 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 30 ml (1/8 cup) unsweetened almond milk (or sub any other plant-based milk)
- 20 g (1/8 cup) dark chocolate chips (ensure vegan/gluten-free if necessary) **
Drain the soaked dates
Place the drained dates in a food processor with the ground almonds, almond butter, salt, vanilla and milk
Whizz until completely smooth
Add the chocolate chips and stir into the mixture - add more or less than the recipe calls for, if desired
Transfer into a bowl
Either enjoy immediately or place in the fridge for a few hours to firm up slightly
Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
*To make ground walnuts, place the walnuts in a food processor and whizz until you get a fine powder. To make the oat flour, place rolled oats in a food processor and whizz until you get a fine powder.
**Use refined sugar free chocolate chips if necessary.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 124mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg