This Vegan Cookie Dough is rich and fudgy, perfectly sweet, 100% edible and contains no chickpeas! You can eat this no-bake cookie dough with a spoon or use it to make vegan cookie dough balls! It’s also gluten-free, refined sugar free, grain-free, oil-free and paleo. It requires just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to make.
Is Vegan Cookie Dough safe to eat?
This vegan cookie dough recipe is egg-free and contains no flour, so it’s safe to eat raw. It’s much easier to make as you don’t have to worry about cooking the flour to kill bacteria.
This cookie dough is made using dates, ground almonds and nut butter, which means it’s filling and satisfying, and healthier than the traditional version as it’s a good source of protein and fibre too.
How to make this recipe
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the full recipe.
- Place the dates, ground almonds, almond butter, salt and plant-based milk in a food processor.
- Whizz until completely smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Stir into the mixture.
- Transfer into a bowl.
- Either enjoy immediately or place in the fridge for a few hours to firm up slightly.
How to use this cookie dough
This cookie dough can just be eaten with a spoon, used as a dip for crackers, fruit or cookies, or you can roll it into balls to make healthy cookie dough bites!
Can you use this cookie dough to make cookies?
You could, but for best results, I’d recommend you use my Vegan Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe instead!
How long does Vegan Cookie Dough last?
It keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- You can replace the ground almonds (almond meal) with ground walnuts, ground hazelnuts or ground sunflower seeds.
- You can replace the almond butter with peanut butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter or tahini.
- You can use any type of milk: almond milk, cashew milk, soy milk, rice milk, oat milk etc.
- For a nut-free version, use sunflower seed butter or tahini instead of almond butter, ground sunflower seeds or oat flour instead of ground almonds and use a nut-free plant-based milk.
- For a refined sugar free version, use refined sugar free chocolate chips.
Tips for changing the flavour
This healthy cookie dough recipe is easily customisable, and you can add the following ingredients to the change the flavour:
- desiccated coconut
- chopped pecan nuts
- raisins or dried cranberries
- rolled oats for an oatmeal cookie texture
- sprinkles for a funfetti flavour
- cocoa powder for a brownie batter flavour.
More vegan no-bake desserts:
- Chocolate Pudding Pots
- Chocolate Truffles
- Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Cookies
- Strawberry Trifle
- Key Lime Pie
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Watch how to make this recipe:
Vegan Cookie Dough (Gluten-Free)
- 60 g (⅓ cup) pitted dates soaked overnight in cold water or in hot water for 10 minutes
- 100 g (1 cup) ground almonds (almond meal) (or sub ground walnuts or oat flour) *
- 30 g (⅛ cup) smooth almond butter (or sub peanut butter or any other nut or seed butter)
- Pinch of salt to taste
- 30 ml (⅛ cup) unsweetened almond milk (or sub any other plant-based milk)
- 20 g (⅛ cup) dark chocolate chips (ensure vegan/gluten-free if necessary) **
- Drain the soaked dates
- Place the drained dates in a food processor with the ground almonds, almond butter, salt and milk
- Whizz until completely smooth
- Add the chocolate chips and stir into the mixture – add more or less than the recipe calls for, as desired
- Transfer into a bowl
- Either enjoy immediately or place in the fridge for a few hours to firm up slightly
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
- Can be eaten with a spoon, used as a dip for crackers, fruit or cookies, or you can roll it into balls to make healthy cookie dough bites!
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.