Why you’ll love this Vegan Cookie Dough:
- it’s rich and fudgy
- it’s completely edible
- it’s egg-free and dairy-free
- it’s a source of protein and fibre
- it’s filling and satisfying
- it’s refined sugar free
- it’s gluten-free
- it’s grain-free
- it’s oil-free
- it’s paleo-friendly
- it’s easily customisable
- it’s nut-free optional
- it’s ready to eat in 15 minutes!
How to make this Vegan Cookie Dough
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the full recipe.
- Place the dates, ground almonds, almond butter, salt, vanilla and plant-based milk in a food processor.
- Whizz until completely smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Stir into the mixture.
- Transfer into a bowl.
- Either enjoy immediately or place in the fridge for a few hours to firm up slightly.
How long does this Vegan Cookie Dough keep for?
This Vegan Cookie Dough keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can substitute the ground almonds (almond meal) with ground walnuts or ground hazelnuts
- you can substitute the almond butter with peanut butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter or tahini
- you can use any type of milk: almond milk, cashew milk, soy milk, rice milk, oat milk etc
- for a nut-free version, use sunflower seed butter or tahini instead of almond butter, oat flour instead of ground almonds and use a nut-free plant-based milk.
Ingredients you can add to this recipe:
- desiccated coconut
- chopped pecan nuts
- raisins or dried cranberries
- rolled oats for an oatmeal cookie texture.
More vegan no-bake desserts:
- Chocolate Pudding Pots
- Chocolate Truffles
- Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Cookies
- Strawberry Trifle
- Key Lime Pie
- Blueberry Cheesecake
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Cookie Dough (Gluten-Free)
- 60 g pitted dates soaked overnight in cold water or in hot water for 10 minutes
- 100 g ground almonds (almond meal) (or sub ground walnuts or oat flour)*
- 30 g smooth almond butter (or sub peanut butter or any other nut or seed butter)
- Pinch of salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 ml unsweetened almond milk (or sub any other plant-based milk)
- 20 g dark chocolate chips (ensure vegan/gluten-free if necessary) **
- Drain the soaked dates
- Place the drained dates in a food processor with the ground almonds, almond butter, salt, vanilla and milk
- Whizz until completely smooth
- Add the chocolate chips and stir into the mixture - add more or less than the recipe calls for, if desired
- Transfer into a bowl
- Either enjoy immediately or place in the fridge for a few hours to firm up slightly
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.