A slight adaption of the 3-Ingredient Biscoff Spread Microwave Mug Cake, this Vegan Peanut Butter Microwave Mug Cake is really quick and easy to make and can also be free from refined sugar and gluten-free.
It’s just perfect to make as a quick snack if you’re craving something sweet and also works well as a healthier dessert.
This vegan peanut butter microwave mug cake is delicious plain or you could add some chocolate chips to make it extra special!
I’ve also made a gluten-free version of this using rice flour and it tasted great too!
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- 4 tablespoons self-raising flour/4 tablespoons plain flour + 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (or sub 4 tablespoons rice flour + 1/4 teaspoon baking powder if gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or soy milk)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or any other sweetener), to taste
- Optional: 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together in a mug/small bowl until it has the consistency of cake batter
- Microwave for 40 seconds, or until the cake has risen and cooked through
- To make it gluten-free, substitute rice flour and baking powder instead of the normal flour