You’re going to absolutely LOVE these 4-ingredient Healthy Snickers Ice Cream Bites. They’re insanely moreish, taste deceptively indulgent and unbelievably quick and easy to make. I’ll show you how!
I love dates but I love frozen dates even more – instead of turning icy and teeth-shatteringly hard like I thought they would, they actually become perfectly fudgy, chewy, and almost nougat-like in texture. Just like Snickers, right?
Once I’d discovered this, I couldn’t wait to capitalise upon the revelation by using these frozen dates as a basis for healthier frozen treats.
All you need to do to make these ridiculously easy Healthy Snickers Ice Cream Bites is pit some dates, then stuff them with creamy peanut butter and crunchy roasted peanuts.
After a quick trip to the freezer, the dates just get coated in a luxurious layer of silky-smooth dark chocolate – look at that glossy shine!
And there you have it, a brilliant little snack filled with nostalgic childhood memories of eating sugary, caramel and chocolate-saturated ice creams in the glaring heat of a hot summer’s day.
I’m SO pleased to have discovered these! It’s great how these adorable little ice cream bites come together so quickly and so easily, and they’re also pretty healthy.
These ice cream bites are highly shareable and make great snacks for movie nights, BBQs or dinner parties.
If you like these, you may like my:
- Peanut Butter Salted Caramel Chocolate Bars
- Chocolate Date Caramels
- Healthy Snickers Ice Cream Bites
- Dark Chocolate Amaretto Prunes
- Cashew Chocolate Truffles
- Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles
Looking for more healthier ice creams? Check out my:
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Ice Cream
- Matcha Sweet Potato Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Ice Cream
- Sesame Sweet Potato Ice Cream
- Purple Sweet Potato Ice Cream
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Here’s a video to show you how to make them:
These 4-ingredient Healthy Snickers Ice Cream Bites are insanely moreish, taste deceptively indulgent and are unbelievably easy to make.
- 10 Medjool dates
- 10 teaspoons peanut butter
- Handful of (salted) roasted peanuts
- 40 g (1.5oz) dark chocolate (ensure dairy-free/refined sugar free if necessary)
- Slice the dates lengthways and remove the pit
- Stuff each date with a teaspoon of peanut butter and a few peanuts
Transfer to a freezer-friendly container and place in freezer for at least an hour
Once the dates have frozen slightly, melt the chocolate either in a bain-marie or in the microwave
- Dip the dates in the melted chocolate and use a spoon to roll them around until completely coated
Place these chocolate-coated dates on greaseproof paper (will make it much easier to peel off afterwards!) and put them back into the freezer again until they have completely hardened
- Transfer into a sealable container and keep in the freezer for up to a few months
Thanks for reading! If you’d like to receive a FREE COPY of my ebook of the 10 most popular recipes on my blog, you can sign up here.