You’re going to absolutely LOVE these 4-ingredient Healthy Snickers Ice Cream Bites! They’re insanely moreish, taste deceptively indulgent and unbelievably quick and easy to make. I’ll show you how!
I love dates but I love frozen dates even more – instead of turning icy and teeth-shatteringly hard like I thought they would, they actually become perfectly fudgy, chewy, and almost nougat-like in texture. Just like Snickers, right?
Once I’d discovered this, I couldn’t wait to capitalise upon the revelation by using these frozen dates as a basis for healthier frozen treats.
All you need to do to make these ridiculously easy Healthy Snickers Ice Cream Bites is pit some dates, then stuff them with creamy peanut butter and crunchy roasted peanuts.
After a quick trip to the freezer, the dates just get coated in a luxurious layer of silky-smooth dark chocolate – look at that glossy shine!
And there you have it, a brilliant little snack filled with nostalgic childhood memories of eating sugary, caramel and chocolate-saturated ice creams in the glaring heat of a hot summer’s day.
I’m SO pleased to have discovered these! It’s great how these adorable little ice cream bites come together so quickly and so easily, and they’re also infinitely healthier than a regular Snickers ice cream. They also happen to be vegan and gluten-free, and contain so much less sugar than normal ones.
These ice cream bites are highly shareable and make great snacks for movie nights, BBQs or dinner parties.
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- 10 (Medjool) dates
- 10 teaspoons peanut butter
- Handful (salted) roasted peanuts
- 40g dark chocolate (ensure dairy-free/refined sugar free if necessary)
- Slice the dates lengthways and remove the pit
- Stuff each date with a teaspoon of peanut butter and a few peanuts
- Once the dates have frozen slightly and become harder, melt the chocolate either in a bain-marie or the microwave
- Dip the dates in the melted chocolate and use a spoon to roll them around until completely coated
- Place these chocolate-coated dates on greaseproof paper (will make it much easier to peel off afterwards!) and put them back into the freezer again until the chocolate has completely hardened
- Transfer into a sealable container and keep in the freezer for up to a few months