You're going to absolutely LOVE these 4-ingredient Healthy Snickers Ice Cream Bites. They're incredibly moreish, taste deceptively indulgent and unbelievably quick and easy to make. I'll show you how!
I love dates but I love frozen dates even more - instead of turning icy and teeth-shatteringly hard like I thought they would, they actually become perfectly fudgy, chewy, and almost nougat-like in texture.
Just like Snickers, right? Once I'd discovered this, I couldn't wait to capitalise upon the revelation by using these frozen dates as a basis for healthier frozen treats.
All you need to do to make these ridiculously easy Healthy Snickers Ice Cream Bites is pit some dates, then stuff them with creamy peanut butter and crunchy roasted peanuts.
After a quick trip to the freezer, the dates just get coated in a luxurious layer of silky-smooth dark chocolate - look at that glossy shine!
And there you have it, a brilliant little snack filled with nostalgic childhood memories of eating sugary, caramel and chocolate-saturated ice creams in the glaring heat of a hot summer's day.
I'm SO pleased to have discovered these! It's great how these adorable little ice cream bites come together so quickly and so easily, and they're also pretty healthy.
These ice cream bites are highly shareable and make great snacks for movie nights, BBQs or dinner parties. If you like these, you may like my:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Here's a video to show you how to make them:
Watch how to make it
Healthy Snickers Ice Cream Bites (Vegan + GF)
- Stuff each date with a teaspoon of peanut butter and a few peanuts
- Transfer to a freezer-friendly container and place in freezer for at least an hour
- Once the dates have frozen slightly, melt the chocolate either in a bain-marie or in the microwave
- Dip the dates in the melted chocolate and use a spoon to roll them around until completely coated
- Place these chocolate-coated dates on greaseproof paper (will make it much easier to peel off afterwards!) and put them back into the freezer again until they have completely hardened
- Transfer into a sealable container and keep in the freezer for up to a few months
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you purchase any of these products, a small percentage will come to me with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.