This Purple Sweet Potato Smoothie Bowl is so easy to make and requires just 2 ingredients. It’s a beautiful lilac colour, a shade very rarely naturally found in the food we eat!
It’s perfect for breakfast because the sweet potatoes will charge you with lots of sustainable energy to keep you fuller for longer.
Just cook some sweet potatoes at the weekend, keep them in your freezer in individual portions, then take them out in the morning and you’re only one blend away from a delicious and healthy start to the day!
Purple sweet potatoes, or murasaki imo as they’re called in Japanese, are often used in Japanese desserts and their taste lends itself to sweet things much better than regular sweet potatoes, as they’re much sweeter and their aroma is almost perfume-like.
This Purple Sweet Potato Smoothie Bowl is delicious as it is, but is even better when you scatter delicious toppings over it – think:
- fresh fruit
- desiccated coconut
- coconut flakes
- dried fruit
- freeze-dried fruit
- nut butter
Looking for more purple sweet potato recipes? Check out my:
- Purple Sweet Potato Cheesecakes
- Purple Sweet Potato Ice Cream
- Purple Sweet Potato Mochi
- Purple Sweet Potato Dessert Fries
- Purple Sweet Potato Milkshake
- Purple Sweet Potato Split
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
This Purple Sweet Potato Smoothie Bowl is so easy to make and requires just 2 ingredients.
- 1 medium-sized purple sweet potato (about 200g/7oz)
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk, any kind (I used unsweetened almond)
- Optional: spoonful of coconut yogurt
- Fresh fruit, dessicated coconut, coconut flakes, dates, seeds, nuts, freeze-dried strawberries, nut butter etc
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into small pieces
- Boil or steam for about 15 minutes, or until soft enough to pierce with a fork
- Drain and mash the sweet potatoes with a fork
- Once cooled, transfer the mash into a freezer-friendly container and place in freezer until completely frozen
- Place the frozen mash into your blending device of choice along with the milk
- Blend until completely smooth, adding more milk if necessary until you achieve your desired consistency
- Serve up and enjoy immediately
Thanks for reading! If you’d like to receive a FREE COPY of my ebook of the 10 most popular recipes on my blog, you can sign up here.