These Matcha Overnight Oats make such a great easy, healthy and filling breakfast!
I absolutely love having overnight oats for breakfast as I'm very lazy in the morning and full of energy in the evenings, so it's perfect for me to be able to prepare my breakfast the night before!
But being faced with a beige bowl of beige oats in the morning can be pretty underwhelming, and well, beige. So, I decided to add some matcha powder to make things more exciting, both in terms of aesthetics and flavour.
Not only does the matcha add a delicious flavour and wonderful green hue, but it’s also packed full of antioxidants and full of health benefits.
You'll also get a nice caffeine kick from the green tea, which is especially handy if you can't be bothered to make yourself a cup of coffee in the mornings either.
You can buy matcha powder from local health stores or Asian supermarkets.
These Matcha Overnight Oats are highly customisable and you can top them with whatever you fancy. Good toppings include:
- coconut yogurt
- coconut flakes
- desiccated coconut (in case you can't already tell, I really love coconut!)
- fresh fruit (berries such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries work well, as do stone fruits such as cherries or nectarines)
- dried fruit (I love dried mango! Goji berries would also be nice)
- chopped nuts (pistachios, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, whatever else)
- seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds)
If you love matcha as much as I do, you might like my:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Matcha Overnight Oats (Vegan + GF)
To serve (optional):
- Coconut yogurt
- Coconut flakes
- Desiccated coconut
- Fresh fruit (berries such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries work well, as do stone fruits such as cherries or nectarines)
- Dried fruit (dried mango, goji berries, dried cranberries etc)
- Chopped nuts (pistachios, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts etc)
- Seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds etc)
- Combine oats, milk, matcha powder (and maple syrup and chia seeds if using) in a bowl
- Cover and leave in the fridge overnight
- Take out of the fridge just before eating in the morning and top with desired ingredients
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.