[This Gluten-Free Vegan Protein Pancakes post is sponsored by Ora Organic! All opinions are my own.]
These Gluten-Free Vegan Protein Pancakes are fluffy, perfectly soft and chewy, and super easy to make. They’re refined sugar free, made without flax eggs or aquafaba and taste like banana bread! They come together in one blender, take just 30 minutes to make and are easily customisable. The best satisfying and nutritious breakfast!
What protein powder should you use?
I made these pancakes with this Ora Organic Vanilla Protein Powder, which I highly recommend you check out. It’s honestly the best-tasting protein powder I have ever tried, because it doesn’t have that gritty texture and earthy taste that a lot of other vegan protein powders have.
The vanilla adds so much fragrance and flavour, meaning it’s great not just for adding to smoothies and shakes, but also things like these Protein Pancakes! I think it would also taste great stirred into some Overnight Oats or Oatmeal. You can also get the same protein powder in chocolate flavour.
It’s made with a base of pea protein, rice protein and hemp protein, but also contains a ton of other plant-based nutrients, along with digestive enzymes to aid your digestion.
It’s very dietary requirement-friendly, as it’s not only vegan, but also gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar free and contains no artificial flavours, colours, sweeteners or preservatives.
How to make these Gluten-Free Vegan Protein Pancakes
- Whizz until completely smooth.
Tip: Make sure not to over-blend the mixture as that will make the oats become very sticky.
- Heat up a tiny bit of oil in a frying pan (non-stick is best) and add a few tablespoons of the pancake batter.
Tip: Control the amount of oil you use by using a spray-on oil or rubbing a piece of greased kitchen paper over the bottom of the frying pan – too much oil will make the pancakes ragged at the edges, and too little will make them hard to flip over.
- Cook on a low-medium heat for a few minutes until you see little bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake.
Tip: Use a non-stick frying pan so that the pancakes don’t stick to the bottom of the frying pan!
- Flip over and cook for another few minutes, until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
Tip: Use a spatula to flip over the pancakes.
- Repeat for the rest of the batter – makes around 8 pancakes.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- You can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk etc.
- You can use any type of oil to fry the pancakes: coconut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil.
Ingredients you can add to the batter:
- Peanut or almond butter.
- Chocolate chips.
- Fresh or frozen berries: blueberries, raspberries etc.
How to serve these Protein Pancakes:
- A drizzle of maple syrup.
- Melted chocolate.
- Peanut butter or almond butter.
- Fresh fruit.
- Coconut whipped cream or coconut yogurt.
HOW LONG DO THESE Gluten-Free Vegan Protein PANCAKES KEEP FOR?
These pancakes are best enjoyed immediately, but they do keep covered in the fridge for up to a few days.
CAN YOU FREEZE THESE PANCAKES?
Yes. Just make sure to freeze them with a layer of baking paper in between each pancake if you want to take them out one at a time!
HOW DO YOU REHEAT THESE PANCAKES?
In a dry frying pan or pop in the toaster!
More vegan breakfast recipes:
- Blueberry Pancakes
- White Bean Scramble
- Banana Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Quinoa Pancakes
- Banana Oatmeal
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Watch how to make this recipe:
Gluten-Free Vegan Protein Pancakes
- 100 g (1 cup) rolled oats (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 banana , peeled
- 250 ml (1 cup) unsweetened almond milk (or sub any other plant-based milk)
- 3 tablespoons Ora Organic Vanilla Protein Powder (or sub any other protein powder)
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil , for frying (or sub olive or vegetable oil)
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor
- Whizz until completely smooth
- Heat up a tiny bit of oil in a frying pan (non-stick is best) and spoon or pour in a small amount of the pancake batter
- Cook on a low-medium heat for a few minutes until you see little bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake
- Flip over and cook for another few minutes, until golden brown and crispy on both sides
- Repeat for the rest of the batter – makes around 8 pancakes
- Best enjoyed immediately!
- These pancakes are best enjoyed immediately, but they do keep covered in the fridge for up to a few days.
- They can also be frozen – just make sure to freeze them with a layer of baking paper in between each pancake if you want to take them out one at a time!
- Reheat in a dry frying pan or pop in the toaster!
Thank you very much to Ora Organic for sponsoring this post, and thank you for supporting the brands that support Rhian’s Recipes!
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.