This Vegan Banana Oatmeal is comforting and warming, sweet and creamy and free from added sugar! It makes the perfect filling and nutritious breakfast.
Why you’ll love this Vegan Banana Oatmeal:
- it’s super creamy
- it’s perfectly chewy
- it’s filling and satisfying
- it’s healthy and nutritious
- it’s a good source of fibre
- it’s easy to make
- it’s ready in just 10 minutes
- it’s easily customisable
- it tastes like banana bread or banana cake
- it’s gluten-free
- it’s naturally sweetened and contains no added sugar!
HOW TO MAKE THIS VEGAN BANANA OATMEAL
Scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the recipe with exact measurements and full instructions.
Mash the banana in a bowl.
- Place the mashed banana in a pan with the oats and milk.
- Bring to the boil.
- Cook on a low heat, stirring occasionally, for around 5 minutes. Add extra milk until it reaches your desired consistency.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can use any type of plant-based milk – almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, rice milk, soy milk etc
- you can add some nut butter for extra protein and creaminess – peanut, almond or cashew butter
- you can add a pinch of cinnamon for a toasty flavour
- you can add some dried fruit – raisins, dried cranberries, chopped dates, or dried pineapple, papaya or mango for a tropical vibe
- you can add maple syrup or any other sweetener for extra sweetness
- you can top it with chopped nuts such as walnuts, brazil nuts, almonds, pecans, macadamia nuts or pistachios
- you can top it with desiccated coconut or coconut flakes
- you can create a chocolate flavour by adding some cocoa powder or topping it with cacao nibs
- you can top it with pan-fried bananas
- you can top it with fresh fruit – raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cherries etc.
More vegan breakfast recipes:
- Matcha Overnight Oats
- White Bean Scramble
- Granola Bars
- Banana Overnight Oats
- Purple Sweet Potato Smoothie Bowl
- No-Bake Granola Bars
- Strawberry Country Crisp
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Banana Oatmeal (GF)
- Mash the banana in a bowl
- Place the mashed banana in a pan with the oats and milk and bring to the boil
- Cook on a low heat, stirring occasionally, for around 5 minutes. Add extra milk until it reaches your desired consistency
- Transfer to a bowl and top with desired ingredients
- Enjoy immediately!
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.