This Vegan Banana Oatmeal is:
- comforting and warming
- sweet and creamy
- free from added sugar!
What’s more, it’s quick and easy to make, and so delicious!
I decided to infuse this Vegan Banana Oatmeal with bananas in two ways!
I added half to the oats before cooking, so that their sweetness gets imparted to the porridge and distributed evenly. They also become soft and gooey. This helps to create a seriously sweet and creamy porridge without the need for any added sugar.
I then sliced the other half and used it to top the porridge, for texture.
A pinch of cinnamon adds a little fragrance and a warm and toasty flavour, though you can leave it out if you prefer.
Other delicious add-ins include:
- desiccated coconut
I hope you’ll love this Vegan Banana Oatmeal! For more delicious breakfast recipes, check out my:
- Matcha Overnight Oats
- Kinako French Toast
- White Bean Scramble
- Matcha Granola
- Banana Overnight Oats
- Tropical Granola
- Purple Sweet Potato Smoothie Bowl
- Fluffy Pancakes
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
This Vegan Banana Oatmeal is comforting and warming, sweet and creamy and free from added sugar!
- 1 banana, halved
- 50 g (1/2 cup) rolled oats (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 350 ml (1 1/2 cups) milk, any kind (I like unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mash half of the banana in a bowl
- Cut the other half into slices and set aside
Place the oats, milk, cinnamon and mashed banana in a saucepan and bring to the boil
- Cook on a low heat, stirring occasionally, for around 5 minutes. Add extra milk until it reaches your desired consistency
- Transfer to a bowl and top with the sliced banana
- Enjoy immediately!