This Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Fudge is super rich and indulgent and secretly healthy!
I love mixing sweet potatoes into my desserts - they add a natural sweetness and an amazingly creamy texture, whilst also adding some protein and nutrients. And what's best, thanks to their neutral flavour, you honestly can't taste the sweet potatoes at all. I've used sweet potatoes to make things like:
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Milkshake
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Buttercream
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Buttercream
- Matcha Sweet Potato Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Ice Cream
- Matcha Sweet Potato Mochi
So, I thought it was definitely time to use sweet potatoes to make some more chocolate treats! I originally planned on brownies, but once they came out the oven I realised that the perfectly melt-in-your-mouth texture was more reminiscent of fudge. And so this Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Fudge was born!
Inspired by this Chocolate Hazelnut Cake, I used dates for natural sweetness and general fudgyness, and ground hazelnuts for a delicious toasty, nutty flavour that makes this fudge taste exactly like Nutella!
And what's more, this Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Fudge is super easy to make, requiring just one bowl and 7 ingredients. And, it also happens to be refined sugar free, gluten-free and oil-free too.
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Helpful tools to make this Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Fudge:
Vegan Chocolate Sweet Potato Fudge (GF)
- Place the sweet potatoes and dates in a pan with enough water to cover
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for around 15 minutes until sweet potatoes and soft enough to pierce with a fork
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Add the cooked sweet potatoes and dates to a food processor or blender along with all other ingredients
- Whizz until completely smooth - you may have to mix it around a few times, and add more milk if necessary
- Transfer to a lined and greased baking dish
- Bake in oven for around 30 minutes until set
- Leave to cool completely before cutting into small squares
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you purchase any of these products, a small percentage will come to me with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.