I thought I’d write about these Matcha Overnight Oats as it’s been quite a while since I last posted a breakfast recipe.
I absolutely love having overnight oats for breakfast as I’m very lazy in the morning and full of energy in the evenings, so it’s perfect for me to be able to prepare my breakfast the night before!
But being faced with a beige bowl of beige oats in the morning can be pretty underwhelming, and well, beige. So, I decided to add some matcha powder to make things more exciting, both in terms of aesthetics and flavour.
Not only does the matcha add a delicious flavour and wonderful green hue, but it’s also packed full of antioxidants and full of health benefits.
You’ll also get a nice caffeine kick from the green tea, which is especially handy if you can’t be bothered to make yourself a cup of coffee in the mornings either.
You can buy matcha powder from local health stores or Asian supermarkets. I used this one from Lalani & Co.
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- 1 portion oats (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup milk of choice (I like unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- Optional: 1 tablespoon maple syrup, to taste
- To serve: handful of fresh berries, coconut yogurt
- Combine oats, milk, matcha powder (and chia seeds and maple syrup if using) in a bowl
- Cover and leave in the fridge overnight
- Take out of the fridge just before eating in the morning and top with fresh berries and coconut yogurt