These Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes are soft, fluffy and slightly chewy with a hint of coconut flavour. They’re perfect for a super easy yet indulgent breakfast!
Why you’ll love these Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes:
- they’re soft and fluffy
- they’re fragrant with a hint of coconut flavour
- they’re refined sugar free
- they’re filling and satisfying
- they’re made without flax eggs or aquafaba
- they’re easy to make
- they come together in one bowl
- they take just 30 minutes to make
- they’re great for breakfast, a snack or dessert!
How to make these Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
Heat up a tiny bit of oil in a frying pan (non-stick is best) and add a few tablespoons of the pancake batter.
Tip: Control the amount of oil you use by using a spray-on oil or rubbing a piece of greased kitchen paper over the bottom of the frying pan – too much oil will make the pancakes ragged at the edges, and too little will make them hard to flip over.
- Cook on a low-medium heat for a few minutes until you see little bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake.
- Flip over and cook for another few minutes, until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
Tip: Use a spatula to flip over the pancakes.
- Repeat for the rest of the batter – makes around 10 pancakes.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can use any type of liquid sweetener: maple syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup etc
- you can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk etc
- you can use any type of oil to fry the pancakes: coconut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil
- you can substitute the gluten-free flour with plain flour if you’re not gluten-free
- you can add desiccated coconut to the pancake batter for extra coconut flavour
- you could add chocolate chips to the pancake batter
- you could add fresh or frozen berries to the pancake batter: blueberries, raspberries etc.
Serving suggestions for these Coconut Flour Pancakes:
- maple syrup
- melted chocolate
- almond butter
- toasted coconut flakes or desiccated coconut
- fresh berries
- coconut whipped cream or coconut yogurt!
More vegan breakfast recipes:
- Blueberry Pancakes
- White Bean Scramble
- Banana Overnight Oats
- Protein Pancakes
- Quinoa Pancakes
- Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Tropical Granola
- Banana Oatmeal
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Coconut Flour Pancakes (Gluten-Free)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (or sub any other sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice * (or substitute 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar)
- 30 g (1/3 cup) coconut flour
- 170 g (1 1/3 cup) gluten-free flour blend (or sub plain flour if not gluten-free)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 400 ml (1 2/3 cup) unsweetened almond milk (or sub any other plant-based milk)
- Coconut oil (or sub vegetable oil)
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well (no need to sift the flours) - use a balloon whisk to mix it if the batter becomes clumpy
- For best results, let the batter sit at room temperature for about half an hour before making the pancakes (I found this made the pancakes super fluffy, but if pressed for time the recipe still works without this step)
- Heat up a tiny bit of oil in a frying pan (non-stick is best) and spoon or ladle in a small amount of the pancake batter
- Cook on a low heat for a few minutes until you see a few bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake
- Flip over and cook for another few minutes, until golden brown and crispy on both sides
- Repeat for the rest of the batter - makes around 10 pancakes
- Best served with extra maple syrup and fresh berries
- Best eaten immediately but leftovers do keep covered in the fridge - reheat in a dry frying pan
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.