These Wagamama-Inspired Wok-Fried Greens make the perfect quick and easy side dish that’s full of flavour but also happens to be really healthy too!
One of the most popular recipes (i.e. most searched for recipe) on my blog so far is this Wagamama-Inspired Salad Dressing. Clearly people think like me when they go to a restaurant and try something delicious – they want to know how to recreate it at home!
So, I decided to post this DIY version of one of my favourite side dishes on the menu at Wagamama’s. I just can’t get enough of these wok-fried greens: they’re saucy, salty-sweet, garlicky, slightly caramelised and perfectly crunchy!
And what’s more, they’re super easy to make yourself at home – just fry off some garlic, and your greens of choice along with some basic seasonings.
I used tenderstem broccoli and pak choi because that’s what they use at Wagamama’s, but you could use anything else like French beans, asparagus, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kale, spinach, or whatever else you fancy.
These Wagamama Wok-Fried Greens are delicious paired with other dishes like:
- Sweet Potato Fries with Spicy Miso Mayo
- Crispy Taro Fritters
- Tofu Onigirazu
- Mapo Tofu
- Tofu Satay
- Thai Green Curry Rice
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
- 2 tablespoons oil (vegetable or rapeseed)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Handful of tenderstem broccoli, cut in half
- Handful of pak choi leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari if gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup (or sub any other sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat up oil in wok of frying pan
- Add garlic and fry for around 30 seconds, until fragrant (be very careful not to burn it!)
- Add broccoli and pak choi
- Add all ingredients for the sauce and fry, stirring regularly, until vegetables are cooked to your liking - I like to keep them slightly crunchy
- Taste and add extra soy sauce/tamari if necessary
- Best enjoyed immediately!