These Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are moist and fluffy, slightly chewy and filled with jammy blueberries!
Why you’ll love these Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins:
- they’re undetectably vegan and gluten-free
- they’re seriously moist
- they’re slightly chewy
- they’re nutty
- they’re secretly healthy
- they’re filling and satisfying
- they’re a source of protein and fibre
- they’re refined sugar free
- they’re easy to make
- they’re ready in just 35 minutes
- they’re made in one bowl!
How to make these Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
Scroll down to the bottom of the post to make the recipe.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a .
Tip: Use a measuring jug to measure out the plant-based milk.
- Divide the batter between muffin cases in a .
- Sprinkle over oats to decorate.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
How long do these Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins keep for?
Though these Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins do taste best when fresh, they keep well covered in the fridge for up to a few days, and freeze well too, which makes them great for a quick breakfast. If you have just taken them out of the fridge of freezer, I’d recommend warming them up in an oven toaster if you have one.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can use any type of oil: coconut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil
- you can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk etc
- you can use any type of liquid sweetener: maple syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup etc
- you can substitute the ground almonds (almond meal) with ground walnuts
- for a nut-free version: substitute the ground almonds (almond meal) with ground sunflower seeds or use 30g (1/4 cup) coconut flour instead of 150g (1 1/4 cup) ground almonds
- you can use plain flour, wholemeal (whole wheat) flour or spelt flour instead of the gluten-free flour if you’re not gluten-free
- you can use either fresh or frozen blueberries
- if you’re not into blueberries, you can use any other type of similar fruit such as raspberries, blackberries or cherries, or dried fruit such as raisins, dried cranberries or chopped dates.
More gluten-free vegan muffin recipes:
- Carrot Muffins
- Blueberry Banana Bread Muffins
- Chocolate Muffins
- Cornbread Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Apple Muffins
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 60 g (1/4 cup) coconut oil (or sub olive or vegetable oil)
- 250 ml (1 cup) unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 8 tablespoons maple syrup (or sub any other sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 150 g (1 1/4 cup) ground almonds (almond meal) *
- 75 g (3/4 cup) rolled oats (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 150 g (1 1/4 cup) gluten-free flour blend (or sub plain flour if not gluten-free)
- 2 heaped teaspoons baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 100 g (1 cup) fresh blueberries
- Rolled oats (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave (skip this step if using any other oil)
- Once melted, add the milk to the same bowl along with the vinegar, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, ground almonds and oats
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda
- Mix well, adding a tiny splash more milk if it’s looking too dry
- Add the fresh blueberries and fold in gently, to make sure you don’t crush them
- Transfer the mixture between muffin cases in a muffin tin
- Sprinkle over oats to decorate
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean
- Tastes best when fresh, but keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.