Looking for some Vegan Cupcake Recipes?
Here’s a collection of all the vegan cupcake recipes I’ve posted on my blog so far! All of these recipes are also gluten-free and refined sugar free, and healthier than their respective traditional versions.
If you’re planning a birthday party, bridal shower, baby shower or any other party where you’d want to serve something cute, there’s plenty of choice here! There’s everything from fruity cupcakes like lemon, banana and blueberry ones, to indulgent ones like chocolate and red velvet, as well as fragrant flavours like carrot cake and coconut.
Can I substitute some of the ingredients?
All these recipes can easily be adapted to suit your dietary requirements/budget/convenience/taste preferences! Individual recipes include substitution notes, but in general:
- you can use any type of oil: coconut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil
- you can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk etc
- you can use any type of liquid sweetener: maple syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup etc
- you can substitute the ground almonds (almond meal/almond flour) with ground walnuts
- to make nut-free cupcakes, substitute the ground almonds (almond meal/almond flour) with ground sunflower seeds and use a nut-free plant-based milk
- if you’re not gluten-free, you can use plain flour, wholemeal (whole wheat) flour or spelt flour instead of the gluten-free flour
- for the frosting, coconut whipped cream can be substituted with a thick coconut yogurt.
These Lemon Cupcakes are the perfect simple yet elegant dessert: they’re sweet and tangy, and smothered in a rich “cream cheese” frosting!
These Coconut Cupcakes are moist and fluffy and topped with fluffy clouds of luxuriously creamy frosting and fragrant coconut!
These Red Velvet Cupcakes are moist and fluffy, naturally coloured and slathered in a tangy “cream cheese” frosting!
These Chocolate Cupcakes are seriously indulgent, super moist and covered in a velvety-rich chocolate sweet potato (!) buttercream! Don’t worry, you won’t be able to taste the sweet potatoes!
These Carrot Cake Cupcakes are fragrant, fruity, seriously moist and topped with a rich “cream cheese” frosting!
These Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes are moist and fluffy, filled with jammy blueberries and slathered in a delicious “cream cheese” frosting!
These Banana Cupcakes are sweet and fragrant, packed with banana flavour, and topped with a tangy “cream cheese” frosting!
If you try out any of these vegan cupcake recipes, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.