These Vegan Chorizo Hot Dogs are bound to satisfy even die-hard carnivores! They’re:
- full of flavour
- secretly healthy
- super easy to make!
These Vegan Chorizo Hot Dogs were inspired by these Gluten-Free Vegan Sausage Rolls – they’re made using protein- and fibre-rich kidney beans, and packed full of delicious herbs, spices and seasonings.
- sweet sundried tomatoes
- pungent garlic
- smoky paprika
- earthy cumin
- fragrant oregano
- spicy cayenne
- tangy vinegar
- umami-rich miso and soy sauce
I like to use kidney beans because the colour closely resembles chorizo, but if you’re not into kidney beans they can easily be substituted with white beans or black beans.
All you need to do to make the hot dogs is throw all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and whizz them together! Then just mould them into hot dog shapes and cook them in a frying pan.
I love to serve these Vegan Chorizo Hot Dogs with lashings of vegan mayonnaise – this is my favourite recipe!
For more sandwich-type recipes, check out my:
- Chickpea Caesar Salad Wraps
- Chickpea Curry Salad Sandwich
- Chickpea Mayo Coconut Bacon Lettuce Wraps
- White Bean “Tuna” Salad Sandwich
- Chickpea Mayonnaise Salad Sandwich
- Mediterranean Chickpea “Tuna” Pittas
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
These Vegan Chorizo Hot Dogs are full of flavour, secretly healthy and super easy to make!
- 400 g (14oz) tin of kidney beans, drained and rinsed (or sub white beans or black beans)
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 sundried tomatoes (soaked if using dried ones)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of cayenne chilli pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 heaped teaspoon miso (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (tamari if gluten-free)
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil (coconut, vegetable, rapeseed or olive)
- Hot dog buns (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- Vegan mayonnaise* see notes for recipe
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender (or a hand-held stick blender) and whizz until completely smooth
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary
- Divide the hot dog mixture into three and use hands to shape into sausage shapes (make sure they’re long enough for your hot dog buns!)
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and place the hot dogs in the pan once hot
- Cook on a medium heat for around 7 minutes, then use a spatula to carefully turn them over
- Cook for a further 7 minutes on the other side, until slightly browned on both sides
- Serve in hot dog buns with lettuce and mayonnaise, if desired
*See here for my favourite vegan mayonnaise recipe