Fresh, fruity and fun, this Vegan Mango Salsa is bursting with summery colours and flavours!
This salsa has sort of taken over as my favourite way to use mango in a salad…The mango, cucumber, tomato and coriander work together to create the perfect combination of soft, juicy and crunchy textures, whilst the lime and chilli in the dressing add tartness and a little spice that offsets the aromatic sweetness of the mango.
This Mango Salsa is so versatile and makes just the perfect side dish for summer dinner parties and barbecues, pairing beautifully with grilled meat and fish as well as veggies and beans.
It also couldn’t be more simple to throw together, so it’s perfect to make it you’re in a rush to take something along to a friend’s BBQ. It’s also vegan and gluten-free so, unlike a lot of other side dishes, is perfectly safe for eaters with a whole host of dietary requirements!
It’s also the perfect healthy side dish for a lazy weeknight meal at home.
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- 1 mango, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into cubes
- 3 tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 small red onion, very finely diced
- Bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Cayenne chilli pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (or sugar)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Mix together the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl
- Add all chopped fruit, veg and herbs to a large bowl
- Pour over dressing and mix well
- Best enjoyed fresh but keeps in the fridge for up to a couple of days