A great plant-based side dish, this Vegan Thai Mango Salad is a vibrant addition to any dinner table, and looks especially impressive at dinner parties.
As it’s both vegan and gluten-free, it suits a variety of dietary requirements and is so quick and easy to make, as well as being incredibly healthy.
It’s a great side salad for lots of different dishes, and I’d especially recommend pairing it with my:
- Peanut Tofu Stir Fry
- Chickpea Sweet Potato Peanut Curry
- Thai Green Curry Rice
- Vegan Tofu Pad Thai
- Tofu Satay
- Tofu Satay Curry
The sweet, juicy mangoes are perfectly complimented by the fresh, crisp cucumber and carrots, whilst the fragrant basil adds a lovely aroma and roasted peanuts add the perfect nutty crunch.
Then just pour over an easy but flavour-packed dressing made from or tamari (or soy sauce), maple syrup, lime juice and sesame oil to enhance the existing flavours!
Love fruity salads? Try my:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Thai Mango Salad (GF)
- Few handfuls lettuce (or any green salad leaves of choice)
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- Handful roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Arrange the lettuce leaves at the bottom of a large plate or bowl
- Scatter over the cucumber and carrot
- Top with diced mango
- Scatter over the basil leaves and chopped peanuts
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing in a separate bowl and drizzle over the salad
- Best enjoyed immediately but keeps for up to a few hours - any longer and it can turn quite watery
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.