These Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Pancakes are soft, fluffy and taste like banana bread! They make a great naturally sweet breakfast, snack or dessert!
Why you'll love these Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Pancakes:
- they’re soft and fluffy
- they're fruity and fragrant
- they taste like banana bread
- they're full of banana flavour
- they’re made with no added sugar
- they're naturally sweetened with bananas
- they're filling and satisfying
- they’re made without flax eggs or aquafaba
- they’re easy to make
- they're easily customisable
- they're great for breakfast, a snack or dessert!
How to make these Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Pancakes
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl.
- Mix with all the ingredients in a glass mixing bowl.
Heat up a tiny bit of oil in a frying pan (non-stick is best) and add a few tablespoons of the pancake batter.
Cook on a low-medium heat for a few minutes until you see little bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake.
- Flip over and cook for another few minutes, until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
Tip: Use a spatula to flip over the pancakes.
- Repeat for the rest of the batter - makes 5 pancakes.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk etc
- for sweeter pancakes, you can add any type of liquid sweetener: maple syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup etc
- you can omit the cinnamon
- you can use any type of oil to fry the pancakes: coconut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil
- you can substitute the gluten-free flour with plain flour if you're not gluten-free.
Ingredients you could add to the pancake batter:
- desiccated coconut
- chocolate chips
- fresh or frozen berries: blueberries, raspberries etc
- peanut or almond butter.
Serving suggestions for these Banana Pancakes:
- banana slices
- maple syrup
- melted chocolate
- almond or peanut butter
- toasted coconut flakes
- chopped walnuts or pecan nuts
- fresh berries.
More gluten-free vegan pancake recipes:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas , peeled
- 85 g (⅔ cup) ground almonds (almond meal)
- 85 g (⅔ cup) gluten-free flour blend (or sub plain flour if not gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 heaped teaspoon baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) unsweetened almond milk (or sub any other plant-based milk)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (ensure gluten-free if necessary)*
- Coconut oil (or sub olive or vegetable oil)
- Mash the bananas in a bowl (easiest to do it in a wide-bottomed bowl) with a fork, until you get a smooth paste
- Transfer into a large bowl with all the other ingredients and mix well (no need to sift the flours)
- Heat up a tiny bit of oil in a frying pan (non-stick is best) and spoon or ladle in a small amount of the pancake batter
- Cook on a low heat for a few minutes until you see a few bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake
- Flip over and cook for another few minutes, until golden brown and crispy on both sides
- Repeat for the rest of the batter - makes 5 pancakes
- Best eaten immediately but leftovers do keep covered in the fridge - reheat in a dry frying pan
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you purchase any of these products, a small percentage will come to me with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.