This Vegan Cashew Cheese Ball is creamy, tangy and full of flavour! It’s perfect for sharing and makes an impressive appetizer!
Why you’ll love this Vegan Cashew Cheese Ball:
- it’s undetectably vegan
- it’s rich and creamy
- it’s “cheesy”
- it’s tangy
- it’s full of flavour
- it’s covered in earthy pistachios and tart-sweet cranberries
- it’s easy to make
- it’s easily customisable
- it’s gluten-free
- it’s paleo-friendly
- it makes a great shareable appetizer for Thanksgiving, Christmas or anything else!
How to make this Vegan Cashew Cheese Ball
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Whizz until completely smooth – you will have to mix it around a few times.
- Place a piece of cling film over a bowl and place the blended cashew mixture in the middle of the cling film.
- Wrap the cling film around the mixture and roll it up until you get a ball shape.
- Place the ball in the bowl and either put it in the freezer for an hour or in the fridge for a few hours until it firms up.
- Place the chopped dried cranberries and pistachios on a plate and use them to cover the cheese ball – see substitutions below for other options.
How to serve this Vegan Cashew Cheese Ball?
There are lots of different ways you can serve this Cheese Ball, but here are some suggestions:
How long does this Vegan Cashew Cheese Ball keep for?
This Cheese Ball keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can substitute the apple cider vinegar with lemon juice
- you can substitute the dried herbs with fresh herbs – you’ll need to add more fresh herbs than dried herbs as they have less flavour per volume
- you can add some garlic powder or a garlic clove if you like
- you can substitute the chopped pistachios/dried cranberries to cover the ball with a combination of any of the following: chopped pecan nuts, chopped walnuts, almond bacon, sunflower seeds, chopped chives, chopped sour cherries, sesame seeds etc.
More vegan cheese recipes:
- Vegan White Bean Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Brie Cheese
- Vegan Stretchy Melty Cheese Nachos
- Vegan Stretchy Melty Cheesy Fries
- Vegan Stretchy Melty Cheese Quesadillas
- Vegan Stretchy Melty Grilled Cheese
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Cashew Cheese Ball
- 150 g (1 cup) cashew nuts soaked overnight in cold water or in hot water for 15 minutes
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar to taste (or sub lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 heaped teaspoon miso (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (I used a mixture of dried rosemary and thyme)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Salt to taste
To decorate (optional)*:
- Dried cranberries , finely chopped
- Pistachios , finely chopped
To serve (optional):
- Sliced apple
- Sliced persimmon
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor
- Whizz until completely smooth - you will have to mix it around a few times
- Place a piece of cling film over a bowl and place the blended cashew mixture in the middle of the cling film
- Wrap the cling film around the mixture and roll it up until you get a ball shape
- Place the ball in the bowl and either put it in the freezer for an hour or in the fridge for a few hours until it firms up
- Place chopped dried cranberries and pistachios on a plate and use them to cover the cheese ball - see notes for other options
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.