These Gluten-Free Vegan Dinner Rolls (Bread Rolls) are moist and fluffy and super easy to make! They’re also yeast-free, no-knead and completely free from sugar too!
Why you’ll love these Gluten-Free Vegan Dinner Rolls:
- they’re soft on the inside and crusty on the outside
- they’re not dry or crumbly
- they’re free from sugar
- they’re yeast-free
- they’re nut-free optional
- they’re a source of protein and fibre
- they’re filling and nutritious
- there’s no kneading required
- there’s no proving time needed
- they’re made in one bowl
- they’re ready in just 30 minutes!
How to make these Gluten-Free Vegan Dinner Rolls
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a glass mixing bowl.
Tip: Use a measuring jug to measure out the plant-based milk.
- Divide the dough into 8 and use a spoon to scoop up an eighth of the mixture.
- Use your hands to roll it into a round ball.
- Place on a rectangular baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat until you use up the rest of the dough.
- Sprinkle over poppy seeds to decorate, if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until slightly risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
How long do these Gluten-Free Vegan Dinner Rolls keep for?
These Dinner Rolls are best eaten within the day they’re made, though they’re so delicious that it shouldn’t be a problem! They’re really quick and easy to make so you can easily make them as a side dish/appetizer for dinner.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can substitute the ground almonds with ground walnuts
- if you’re not gluten-free, you can use plain flour
- you can substitute the almond milk with any other plant-based milk
- you can substitute the apple cider vinegar with lemon juice
- for a nut-free version, substitute the ground almonds with ground sunflower seeds and use a nut-free plant-based milk .
Ingredients you can add:
- mixed seeds
- chopped nuts such as walnuts
- dried fruit such as dried cranberries or raisins
- chopped olives
- grated garlic and chopped herbs!
More gluten-free vegan bread recipes:
- Gluten-Free Vegan Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Banana Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Irish Soda Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Seeded Buckwheat Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Cornbread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Almond Bread
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Gluten-Free Vegan Dinner Rolls (Bread Rolls)
- 30 g (1/8 cup) coconut oil (or sub olive or vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar * (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- 150 g (1 1/4 cup) ground almonds (almond meal) **
- 150 g (1 1/4 cup) gluten-free flour blend (or sub plain flour if not gluten-free)
- 2 heaped teaspoons baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) unsweetened almond milk (or sub any other plant-based milk)
To decorate (optional):
- Poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave (skip this step if using any other oil)
- Once melted, add the vinegar to the same bowl along with the salt and ground almonds
- Sift in the gluten-free flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda
- Add the milk and mix well
- Divide the dough into 8 by keeping the dough in the bowl and using a spoon to divide it into half, then half again, and half again
- Use the spoon to scoop up an eighth of the mixture
- Use your hands to roll it into a round ball
- Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Repeat until you use up the rest of the dough
- Sprinkle over poppy seeds to decorate, if desired
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until slightly risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean
- Best eaten within the day
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.