This Chickpea Coconut Mango Curry is:
- fresh and fruity
- hearty and satisfying
- super nutritious!
When you’re craving something comforting, filling and healthy, there’s nothing better than a veggie-packed curry. And this Chickpea Coconut Mango Curry is perfectly spiced, super flavourful and full of protein, fibre and nutrients.
You might think it sounds strange to use mango in a curry, but it’s honestly what makes this one so delicious, as it adds just the right amount of juicy sweetness. Cooked mango does sound strange, but adding it to this curry makes it become succulently tender whilst soaking up all the other flavours of the curry.
A squeeze of lime adds a touch of acidity and aroma, whilst cashew nuts provide an extra source of protein, and a little creamy nuttiness.
For vegetables, I decided to use carrots and spinach, but this curry is really easily customisable depending on what you like/have on hand/what you need to use up.
I kept it pretty simple in terms of herbs and spices, and went for curry powder, turmeric and coriander (cilantro). You can add some extra chilli to serve if you’re into spice.
This curry is great for batch cooking as leftovers keep well covered in the fridge for up to a few days, and it’s freezer-friendly too!
For more curries, check out my:
- Chickpea Korma Curry
- Chickpea Sweet Potato Peanut Curry
- Cabbage Potato Curry
- Eggplant Chickpea Peanut Curry
- Japanese Curry
- Tofu Satay Curry
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Helpful tools to make this Chickpea Coconut Mango Curry:
Chickpea Coconut Mango Curry (Vegan + GF)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or sub vegetable or rapeseed oil)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cm (1/2 inch) ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 heaped teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) coconut milk
- Handful of fresh coriander (cilantro), roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 vegetable stock cube (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 400 g (14oz) tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 ripe but firm mango, peeled and diced
- 50 g (1/3 cup) cashew nuts
- Salt, to taste
- 200 g (7oz) spinach (or sub kale)
To serve (optional):
- Cooked brown or white rice
- Heat up the oil in a large pan and add the onion, garlic and ginger once hot
- Fry for around 10 minutes until softened
- Add the curry powder and turmeric fry for about a minute until fragrant
- Add the coconut milk, coriander, lime juice, stock cube, chickpeas, carrot, mango, cashew nuts and salt, with enough water to roughly cover
- Bring to the boil and simmer on a low heat for around 10 minutes until the carrot is cooked through
- Add the spinach and simmer for another few minutes until wilted
- Leftovers keep well covered in the fridge for a few days, and can be frozen
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.