These Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist and fluffy, perfectly sweet and so easy to make!
Why you'll love these Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins:
- they're undetectably vegan and gluten-free
- they're moist and fluffy
- they're great for breakfast or dessert
- they're perfectly sweet
- they're refined sugar free
- they're easy to make
- they're ready in just 35 minutes
- they're made in one bowl!
How to make these Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
Scroll down to the bottom of the post to make the recipe.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a [amazon_textlink asin='B00LGLHUA0|B000KG8GVE' text='glass mixing bowl' template='ProductLink' store='rhiansrecip00-20|rhisrec-21' marketplace='US|UK' link_id='346233f8-50af-11e8-a117-b3a107eadf92'].
Tip: Use a measuring jug to measure out the plant-based milk.
- Divide the batter between muffin cases in a [amazon_textlink asin='B003W0UMPI|B009AQSB2E' text='muffin/cupcake tin' template='ProductLink' store='rhiansrecip00-20|rhisrec-21' marketplace='US|UK' link_id='d185c677-4fda-11e8-ab1d-9119bb5e3aef'].
- Bake for 20 minutes.
How long do these Chocolate Chip Muffins keep for?
Though these Chocolate Chip Muffins do taste best when fresh, they keep well covered in the fridge for up to a few days. If you have just taken them out of the fridge, I'd recommend warming them up in an oven toaster if you have one.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can use any type of oil: coconut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil
- you can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk etc
- you can use any type of liquid sweetener: maple syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup etc
- you can substitute the ground almonds (almond meal) with ground walnuts
- for a nut-free version: substitute the ground almonds (almond meal) with ground sunflower seeds
- you can use plain flour, wholemeal (whole wheat) flour or spelt flour instead of the gluten-free flour if you're not gluten-free
- for a refined sugar free version, use refined sugar free chocolate chips
- you can decorate them by sprinkling over coconut flakes or chopped nuts such as chopped pecan nuts or chopped walnuts.
More gluten-free vegan muffin recipes:
- Carrot Muffins
- Blueberry Banana Bread Muffins
- Chocolate Muffins
- Cornbread Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Apple Muffins
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Banana Muffins
- Lemon Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 60 g (¼ cup) coconut oil (or sub olive or vegetable oil)
- 200 ml (⅘ cup) unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ensure gluten-free if necessary)*
- 8 tablespoons maple syrup (or sub any other sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 150 g (1 ¼ cup) ground almonds (almond meal) **
- 150 g (1 ¼ cup) gluten-free flour blend (or sub plain flour if not gluten-free)
- 2 heaped teaspoons baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 60 g (⅓ cup) dark chocolate chips (ensure vegan/gluten-free if necessary)***
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave (skip this step if using any other oil)
- Once melted, add the milk to the same bowl along with the vinegar, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and ground almonds
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda
- Mix well, adding a tiny splash more milk if it’s looking too dry
- Add the chocolate chips and fold in gently
- Transfer the mixture between muffin cases in a muffin tin
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean
- Tastes best when fresh, but keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you purchase any of these products, a small percentage will come to me with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.