This Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce is super easy to make, sweet and tangy and naturally sweetened!
Why you’ll love this Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce:
- it’s fragrant and fruity
- it’s sweet and tangy
- it’s sticky and jammy
- it’s vegan and gluten-free
- it’s healthier than the traditional version
- it’s quick and easy to make
- it’s easily customisable
- it’s great for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
How to make this Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
Place the cranberries, date syrup and orange juice in a pan.
- Cook on a low heat, stirring regularly, for around 20 minutes or until softened and broken down.
Tip: Add little splashes of water if it starts to get dry whilst cooking.
- Taste and add more date syrup if necessary.
How long does this Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce keep for?
This Cranberry Sauce keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days. It also freezes well.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can use either fresh or frozen cranberries
- you can substitute the orange juice with apple juice
- you can substitute the date syrup with maple syrup, agave syrup, or any other sweetener
- you can add orange zest
- you can add ground or fresh grated ginger
- you can add ground cinnamon!
More festive side dishes:
- Scalloped Sweet Potato Gratin
- Cauliflower Cheese Gratin
- Green Bean Casserole
- Pumpkin Quinoa Salad
- Potato Dauphinoise Gratin
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
- 400 g (4 cups) fresh cranberries (or sub frozen cranberries)
- 400 ml (1 2/3 cup) orange juice (freshly squeezed or from a carton)
- 6 tablespoons date syrup to taste (or sub any other sweetener)
- Place all ingredients in a pan
- Cook on a low heat, stirring regularly, for around 20 minutes or until softened and broken down - add little splashes of water if it starts to get dry whilst cooking.
- Taste and add more date syrup if necessary
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days - also freezes well
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.