This Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce is super easy to make, sweet and tangy and naturally sweetened!
Why you’ll love this Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce:
- it’s fragrant and fruity
- it’s sweet and tangy
- it’s sticky and jammy
- it’s vegan and gluten-free
- it’s healthier than the traditional version
- it’s quick and easy to make
- it’s easily customisable
- it’s great for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
How to make this Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Place the cranberries, date syrup and orange juice in a pan.
- Cook on a low heat, stirring regularly, for around 20 minutes or until softened and broken down.
Tip: Add little splashes of water if it starts to get dry whilst cooking.
- Taste and add more date syrup if necessary.
How long does this Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce keep for?
This Cranberry Sauce keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days. It also freezes well.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can use either fresh or frozen cranberries
- you can substitute the orange juice with apple juice
- you can substitute the date syrup with maple syrup, agave syrup, or any other sweetener
- you can add orange zest
- you can add ground or fresh grated ginger
- you can add ground cinnamon!
More festive side dishes:
- Scalloped Sweet Potato Gratin
- Cauliflower Cheese Gratin
- Green Bean Casserole
- Pumpkin Quinoa Salad
- Potato Dauphinoise Gratin
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
- 400 g (4 cups) fresh cranberries (or sub frozen cranberries)
- 400 ml (1 2/3 cup) orange juice (freshly squeezed or from a carton)
- 6 tablespoons date syrup to taste (or sub any other sweetener)
- Place all ingredients in a pan
- Cook on a low heat, stirring regularly, for around 20 minutes or until softened and broken down - add little splashes of water if it starts to get dry whilst cooking.
- Taste and add more date syrup if necessary
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days - also freezes well
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.