Here's a list of your new favourite vegan muffin recipes, which are all gluten-free and refined sugar free too. They're all made using simple plant-based ingredients and are healthier than traditional muffins!
There's a selection of different fruit muffins such as apple, blueberry, banana and lemon, vegetable muffins like pumpkin and carrot, as well as an indulgent chocolate muffin. They can be enjoyed for breakfast or brunch, but also work as a filling snack or dessert!
Can I substitute some of the ingredients?
All of these recipes can easily be adapted based on your dietary requirements/budget/convenience/taste preferences! All the individual recipes include substitution notes, but in general:
- you can use any type of oil: coconut oil, olive oil or vegetable oil
- you can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk etc
- you can use any type of liquid sweetener: maple syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup etc
- you can substitute the ground almonds (almond meal/almond flour) with ground walnuts
- to make nut-free muffins, substitute the ground almonds (almond meal/almond flour) with ground sunflower seeds and use a nut-free plant-based milk
- for oil-free muffins, the oil can be substituted with 4 tablespoons applesauce
- if you’re not gluten-free, you can use plain flour, wholemeal (whole wheat) flour or spelt flour instead of the gluten-free flour
- blueberries can be substituted with raspberries or cherries or dried fruit such as raisins, chopped dates or prunes
- any of the muffins can be topped with chopped nuts, flaked almonds or coconut flakes before baking.
1. Apple Muffins
These Apple Muffins are subtly spiced and packed full of juicy apples!
2. Carrot Muffins
These Carrot Muffins are moist and fluffy, fragrant and fruity and perfect for a healthy breakfast!
3. Blueberry Muffins
These Blueberry Muffins are moist and fluffy and packed full of sweet, juicy blueberries.
4. Pumpkin Muffins
These Pumpkin Muffins are seriously moist, subtly spiced, and super satisfying.
5. Blueberry Banana Bread Muffins
These Blueberry Banana Bread Muffins are packed with banana flavour and filled with jammy blueberries. Completely free from added sugar.
6. Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
These Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are moist and fluffy and fresh and tangy!
7. Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
These Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are moist and fluffy, slightly chewy and filled with jammy blueberries!
8. Chocolate Muffins
Super chocolatey, seriously moist and really satisfying Chocolate Muffins!
9. Chocolate Chip Muffins
These Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist and fluffy, perfectly sweet and so easy to make!
If you make any of these vegan muffin recipes, I’d really love to see what you come up with! You can show me by tagging a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Leave a Reply