These Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pots are super indulgent, a guaranteed crowd-pleaser, and almost effortless to make. They require just 5 ingredients to make, and come together in 15 minutes.
I love that this recipe contains no avocados or soy, and it can be made nut-free if you wish. Unlike a lot of vegan chocolate puddings, it doesn’t even require a blender, which is a big plus for me.
I used cashew milk as the base for these Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pots – I love cashew milk because it’s so naturally rich and sweet, and think it’s the most similar to cow’s milk in this regard). Oat milk is also good, so you could use that if you can’t have nuts.
All you need to do is mix together the milk along with some cocoa powder, maple syrup (or any other sweetener of choice) and cornflour, which acts as a thickening agent. Then just heat it in a pan on the stove until thick and creamy.
Be careful to mix the cornflour and milk together well at the beginning before putting on the heat, as if not properly mixed through you may end up with lumps of cornflour – and nobody wants a lumpy chocolate pudding!
Being vegan and refined sugar free, as well as gluten-free and even nut-free and oil-free, these little chocolate pots are great for giving to guests as they cover a wide range of dietary requirements. They’re also so easy to prepare ahead, which also makes them perfect for entertaining.
These Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pots are also easily customisable, as you can adapt the flavour as you wish. You can just have them with plain or add extra ingredients such as:
- Chopped nuts such as pistachios
- Dried fruit such as cranberries, cherries or goji berries
- Chopped dark chocolate or cacao nibs
- Orange zest
…or whatever else you like. Let me know in the comments if you think of any good variations!
Looking for more easy make-ahead desserts perfect for entertaining? You might like my:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
You can also watch a 50-second video here:
Helpful tools to make these Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pots:measuring jug
- 500 ml (2 cups) unsweetened cashew milk (or sub unsweetened oat milk for nut-free)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup to taste (or sub any other sweetener)
- Pinch of salt
- 5 heaped teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- Add all ingredients to a pan and mix very well (before heating)
- Cook on a low heat for around 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until a thick custard has formed
- Taste and adjust flavours accordingly (more cocoa powder for chocolate flavour, more maple syrup for sweetness etc)
- Transfer to little pots or glasses and leave to cool before chilling in the fridge for a few hours before serving
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.