This Vegan Tofu Pad Thai is so easy to make, super versatile and perfect for quick weeknight dinners!
Why you’ll love this Vegan Pad Thai:
- it’s full of flavour
- it’s filling and satisfying
- it’s salty-sweet
- it’s rich and peanutty
- it’s gluten-free
- it’s refined sugar free
- it’s easy to make
- it’s easily customisable
- it’s ready in 30 minutes!
How to make this Vegan Tofu Pad Thai
Scroll to the bottom of the post for the full recipe including proper measurements and instructions.
- Mix together the ingredients for the sauce.
- Drain the tofu and cut into small cubes.
- Place the tofu cubes in a bowl with half of the sauce and mix well until every cube is evenly coated.
- Fry the onions, garlic, ginger and coriander (cilantro) until softened.
- Add the courgette (zucchini), carrot, pepper and basil, along with the remainder of the sauce.
- Once softened, add the tofu and cook for a further few minutes.
- Add the cooked rice noodles and mix well.
- Finish with an extra squeeze of zingy lime and a flourish of crunchy roasted peanuts.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe
- You can substitute the peanut butter with almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
- You can omit the tofu or substitute it with anything else.
- You can also customise the dish based on whatever vegetables you have on hand – things like beansprouts, French beans or mange-tout would also work really well.
More vegan tofu recipes:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Tofu Pad Thai (GF)
For the sauce:
For the pad Thai:
- 100 g Thai-style rice noodles (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 200 g firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon oil (coconut, rapeseed or vegetable)
- 1 onion , finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 cm ginger , peeled and minced
- Handful fresh coriander (cilantro) , roughly chopped
- 1 courgette (zucchini) , thinly sliced
- 1 carrot , peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper , thinly sliced
- Handful fresh basil , roughly chopped
To serve (optional):
- Roasted peanuts , roughly chopped
- Lime juice
For the sauce:
- Mix together the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl
For the pad Thai:
- Cook the rice noodles according to instructions on packet
- Drain the tofu and cut into small cubes. Place tofu cubes in a bowl with half of the sauce and mix well until every cube is evenly coated
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the onions, garlic, ginger and coriander once hot
- Fry for a few minutes until slightly softened, then add the courgette, carrot, pepper and basil, along with the remainder of the sauce
- Once softened, add the tofu and cook for a further few minutes
- Add the cooked rice noodles and mix well
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and squeeze over some extra lime juice, if desired. Enjoy immediately!
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.