This 3-ingredient Vegan Biscoff Mug Cake is my favourite thing!
I first came across Biscoff spread in France, where they call it Speculoos. It’s ridiculously addictive and its flavour is very versatile and works well in a wide range of desserts. You can also use any other type of cookie butter or spread. I also love to add some pieces of chopped apple, which create little pockets of juicy sweetness, and pair beautifully with the subtly spiced Biscoff spread.
And in the unlikely event that you get bored of Biscoff spread, you can substitute it with Nutella or peanut butter!
This mug cake is so delicious, and couldn’t be easier to make! It’s absolutely perfect for those times you want dessert NOW but don’t have the time or energy for baking.
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- 4 tablespoons self-raising flour (or sub 4 tablespoons plain flour + 1/2 teaspoon baking powder)
- 2 tablespoons Biscoff spread (or sub cookie butter/spread)
- 4 tablespoons almond milk (or sub any other kind of milk)
- Optional: 1/2 apple, peeled and diced
- Mix all ingredients together in a mug/small bowl until it has the consistency of cake batter
- Microwave for 1 minute, or until the cake has risen and cooked through (if you stick a fork or skewer into the centre, it should come out clean)