A great plant-based side dish, this Vegan Thai Mango Salad is a vibrant addition to any dinner table, and looks especially impressive at dinner parties.
As it’s both vegan and gluten-free, it suits a variety of dietary requirements and is so quick and easy to make, as well as being incredibly healthy.
It’s a great side salad for lots of different dishes, and I’d especially recommend pairing it with my Peanut Tofu Stir Fry!
The sweet, juicy mangoes are perfectly complimented by the fresh, crisp cucumber and carrots, whilst the fragrant basil adds a lovely aroma and roasted peanuts add the perfect nutty crunch. Then just pour over an easy but flavour-packed dressing made from soy sauce (or tamari), sweet chilli sauce (I used this Blue Dragon one), lime juice and sesame oil to enhance the existing flavours!
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- Few handfuls of lettuce (or any green salad leaves of choice)
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Handful of roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari if gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce - I used Blue Dragon
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Arrange the lettuce leaves at the bottom of a large plate or bowl
- Scatter over the cucumber and carrot
- Top with diced mango
- Scatter over the basil leaves and chopped peanuts
- Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing in a separate bowl and drizzle over the salad
- Best enjoyed immediately!
Thanks for reading! If you’d like to receive a FREE COPY of my ebook of the 10 most popular recipes on my blog, you can sign up here.