You may know by now that I’m a big fan of making things with limited kitchen equipment, and what’s so great about this Sweet Potato Hummus is that it’s just as delicious, healthy, and easy to make as regular homemade hummus, but it doesn’t require a blender!
All you need to do to make this hummus is cook a sweet potato in whatever way you wish, then mash with a fork and mix in some tahini, seasonings and spices!
I really like eating this Sweet Potato Hummus it in a wholemeal pitta bread with some creamy avocado, peppery rocket (arugula) and sweet gherkins.
If you’d like to keep it gluten-free, you can use a gluten-free pitta bread or flatbread, or even serve in lettuce cups. It’s also fab atop rice cakes or oatcakes, and makes a delicious dip for tortilla chips!
It’s great for packed lunches, but also makes a filling and healthy snack, or even an appetiser for entertaining guests.
Looking for more quick and easy plant-based lunch recipes? You might like my:
- Lazy Falafel
- Mediterranean Chickpea “Tuna” Pittas
- Chickpea Avocado “Egg Mayonnaise” Salad
- Lazy Samosa Lettuce Cups
- White Bean Scramble
- Lazy Falafel Lettuce Wraps
- Vegan Stretchy Melty Grilled Cheese
- Hummus Toasted Sandwich
Want more dips? You might like my
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
You can watch a 20-second video for how to make this recipe here:
This Sweet Potato Hummus can be made without a blender - it's really quick and easy to make and incredibly healthy.
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato (about 200g/7oz)
- 1 heaped teaspoon tahini
- 1/4 teaspon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Pitta bread (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- Cook the sweet potato either in the microwave or oven, or boil on the hob, until soft enough to pierce with a fork
- Discard skins, place in a bowl and mash with a fork until completely smooth (add a splash of water if it's too thick)
Add the tahini, seasonings and spices and mix well
Serving suggestion: toast some wholemeal pitta, spread with the sweet potato hummus, then add avocado slices, gherkins and rocket
Thanks for reading! If you’d like to receive a FREE COPY of my ebook of the 10 most popular recipes on my blog, you can sign up here.