You may know by now that I’m a big fan of making things with limited kitchen equipment, and what’s so great about this Sweet Potato Hummus is that it’s just as delicious, healthy, and easy to make as regular homemade hummus, but it doesn’t require a blender!
All you need to do is cook a sweet potato in whatever way you wish, then mash with a fork and mix in some tahini, seasonings and spices!
It tastes great in pitta bread with avocado and rocket, or if you want to keep it gluten-free, it’s also fab atop rice cakes or oatcakes, and makes a delicious dip for tortilla chips! It’s the perfect addition to a packed lunch and also makes a filling and healthy snack.
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love for you to take a photo and tag it #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! It would really make my day to see what you come up with!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 heaped teaspoon tahini
- 1/4 teaspon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 (wholemeal) pitta
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Few handfuls rocket
- Cook the sweet potato either in the microwave or oven, or boil on the hob, until soft enough to pierce with a fork
- Discard skins, place in a bowl and mash with a fork until completely smooth (add a splash of water if it's too thick)
- Add the tahini, seasonings and spices
- Serving suggestion: toast some wholemeal pitta, spread with the sweet potato hummus, then add avocado slices, gherkins and rocket
- To keep it gluten-free, this sweet potato hummus is also fab atop rice cakes or oatcakes, and makes a delicious dip for tortilla chips