These Almond Butter Cookies are soft and fudgy, perfectly chewy and super easy to make! They require just 3 ingredients and make the best healthy sweet treat!
Why you’ll love these Almond Butter Cookies:
- they’re soft and chewy
- they’re fudgy
- they’re date-sweetened
- they’re refined sugar free
- they’re oil-free
- they’re gluten-free
- they’re grain-free
- they’re paleo-friendly
- they’re easy to make
- they require just 3 ingredients to make
- they’re ready in 25 minutes
- they make a great edible gift!
How to make these Almond Butter Cookies
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Whizz until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a glass mixing bowl, add the ground almonds and mix well.
- Take a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and use your hands to form it into a small, circular, thick patty.
- Lay it out onto a rectangular baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat until the rest of the batter is used up – you should be able to make 9 cookies.
Tip: If you find the mixture too gooey to shape with your hands, you can use a cookie scoop instead, and use your hands or the back of a spoon to flatten them slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes – don’t worry if they’re quite soft when you take them out as they will firm up as they cool down.
How long do these Almond Butter Cookies keep for?
These Almond Butter Cookies keep in an airtight container for a few days.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can substitute the almond butter with any other nut or seed butter: peanut butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter etc
- the ground almonds can be substituted with ground walnuts or ground sunflower seeds
- you can add chocolate chips, desiccated coconut or dried cranberries to the cookies!
More gluten-free vegan cookie recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Millionaire Shortbread
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Almond Butter Cookies (Vegan + GF)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Drain the soaked dates and place in a blender or food processor with the almond butter
- Whizz until completely smooth
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl, add the ground almonds and mix well
- Take a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and use your hands to form it into a small, circular, thick patty**
- Lay it out onto a baking tray lined with baking paper (no need to grease it)
- Repeat until the rest of the batter is used up - you should be able to make 9 cookies
- Bake in the oven for around 10 minutes, until golden brown - don’t worry if they’re quite soft when you take them out as they will firm up as they cool down
- Keeps in an airtight container for a few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.