These Gluten-Free Vegan Snickerdoodles are soft and chewy, perfectly sweet and so fragrant. An easy treat to make for the festive season!
Why you’ll love these Gluten-Free Vegan Snickerdoodles:
- they’re undetectably vegan and gluten-free
- they’re fragrant and toasty
- they’re tender and chewy
- they’re refined sugar free
- they’re super easy to make
- they’re made using a handful of simple ingredients
- they’re ready in 35 minutes
- they require no rolling or floured surfaces
- they’re great for Christmas!
How to make these Gluten-Free Vegan Snickerdoodles
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the cookie dough in a glass mixing bowl.
Place the cinnamon and coconut sugar on a plate and mix well.
Take a small amount of the cookie dough and roll it into a round ball.
Roll the ball of cookie dough in the cinnamon and sugar mixture until completely coated.
Use your hands to flatten the ball so that you get a round patty.
- Place on a rectangular baking tray lined with baking paper – make sure to grease the baking paper so that the cookies don’t stick.
- Repeat until the rest of the mixture is used up – you should be able to make 15 cookies.
- Then just bake for 15 minutes and they’re done!
Tip: Make sure to leave them to cool completely before storing.
How long do these Snickerdoodles keep for?
These cookies keep in an airtight container for a few days.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, rice milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk etc
- you can substitute the coconut oil with coconut butter
- you can use any type of liquid sweetener: maple syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup etc
- you can substitute the gluten-free flour with rice flour
- if you don’t need the cookies to be gluten-free, you can substitute the gluten-free flour with plain flour
- the ground almonds can be substituted with ground walnuts
- for a nut-free version, use ground sunflower seeds instead of ground almonds
- you can substitute the coconut sugar with brown sugar if you don’t need it to be refined sugar free.
More gluten-free vegan cookie recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Gluten-Free Vegan Snickerdoodles
- 30 g (1/8 cup) coconut oil (or sub coconut butter)
- 10 tablespoons maple syrup (or sub any other similar sweetener)
- 4 tablespoons (6 tablespoons) unsweetened almond milk (or any other plant-based milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 g (1 1/4 cup) ground almonds (almond meal) *
- 150 g (1 1/4 cup) gluten-free flour blend (or sub rice flour, or plain flour if not gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave
- Add the maple syrup, milk and vanilla and mix well
- Measure out the ground almonds, gluten-free flour and baking powder and mix well
- Add to the bowl and mix well
- Place the cinnamon and coconut sugar on a plate and mix well
- Take a small amount of the cookie dough and roll it into a round ball
- Roll the ball of cookie dough in the cinnamon and sugar mixture until completely coated
- Use your hands to flatten the ball so that you get a round patty
- Place on a baking tray lined with greased baking paper
- Repeat until the rest of the mixture is used up - you should be able to make 15 cookies
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes until golden brown
- They will be slightly soft when you remove them from the oven - leave to cool completely to let them harden
- Keep in an airtight container for up to a few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.