These Gluten-Free Bread Rolls are crusty on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, and super easy to make! They’re also yeast-free, no-knead and completely free from sugar too!
Why you’ll love these Gluten-Free Bread Rolls:
- they’re crusty on the outside and soft on the inside
- they’re vegan
- they’re free from sugar
- they’re yeast-free
- they’re nut-free
- there’s no kneading required
- there’s no proving time needed
- they’re made in one bowl
- they’re ready in just 30 minutes
- they make a great appetizer or side dish
- they’re great for dipping into soup!
How to make these Gluten-Free Bread Rolls
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a glass mixing bowl.
Tip: Add the water a little bit at a time until you get a firm dough that can be easily moulded into shape – it’s better to add the water a bit at a time so that you don’t add too much.
- Divide the dough into six equal parts.
- Use a spoon to scoop up a sixth of the mixture.
- Use your hands to roll it into a round ball.
- Place on a rectangular baking tray lined with greased baking paper.
- Repeat until you use up the rest of the dough.
- Sprinkle over seeds to decorate, if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until slightly risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
How long do these Bread Rolls keep for?
These Bread Rolls are best enjoyed fresh out the oven, though you should leave them to cool slightly before eating! They’re really quick and easy to make so you can easily make them as a side dish/appetizer for dinner.
Ingredients you can add to the batter:
- dried fruit such as dried cranberries or raisins
- chopped olives
- chopped sundried tomatoes
- grated garlic and chopped herbs!
More gluten-free vegan bread recipes:
- Gluten-Free Vegan Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Blueberry Banana Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Irish Soda Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Seeded Buckwheat Bread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Cornbread
- Gluten-Free Vegan Almond Bread
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Gluten-Free Bread Rolls (Vegan)
- 150 g (1 cup) brown rice flour
- 100 g (4/5 cup) rice flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- 4 teaspoons baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar * (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) water
To decorate (optional):
- Poppy seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds etc
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Mix together all the ingredients for the bagels in a mixing bowl – add the water a little bit at a time until you get a firm dough that can be easily moulded into shape (it’s better to add the water a bit at a time so that you don’t add too much)
- Divide the dough into six equal parts
- Use a spoon to scoop up a sixth of the mixture
- Use your hands to roll it into a round ball
- Place on a baking tray lined with greased baking paper
- Repeat until you use up the rest of the dough
- Sprinkle over seeds to decorate, if desired
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until slightly risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean
- Best enjoyed fresh out the oven – though leave to cool slightly before eating!
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.