This Vegan Chocolate Mousse is super rich and creamy, seriously indulgent and melt-in-your-mouth velvety! It’s the perfect make-ahead dessert for entertaining.
Why you’ll love this Vegan Chocolate Mousse:
- it’s undetectably dairy-free and egg-free
- it’s silky-smooth
- it’s perfectly sweet
- it’s light but rich
- it’s naturally sweetened with dates
- it’s refined sugar free
- it’s gluten-free
- it’s oil-free
- it doesn’t contain avocados or tofu
- it doesn’t require aquafaba
- it’s free from coconut
- it’s paleo-friendly
- it’s easy to make
- it takes just 15 minutes to make!
How to make this Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
Tip: Depending on how strong your food processor is, you might need to melt the cacao butter first before adding it.
Blend until smooth – you might need to mix it around a couple of times.
Taste and adjust flavours accordingly – add more cocoa powder for chocolate flavour, a sweetener of choice for sweetness etc.
- Transfer the mixture into little glass pots or jars.
- Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up before serving.
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- You can substitute the almond milk with cashew milk, oat milk or rice milk. Coconut milk or soy milk would also work, though they have a less neutral flavour.
- You can substitute the cacao butter with coconut oil, though the flavour will be affected and it will taste of coconut.
- You can easily customise the taste by adding things such as chilli, mint, orange zest, cinnamon or a liqueur of choice.
How long does this Vegan Chocolate Mousse keep for?
It keeps well in the fridge for up to a few days – it’s a great make-ahead dessert for entertaining.
More vegan chocolate treats:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 90 g pitted dates (soaked overnight in cold water or in boiling water for 10 minutes)
- 100 g cashew nuts (soaked overnight in cold water or in boiling water for 10 minutes)
- 20 g cacao butter *
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 155 ml unsweetened almond milk (or sub any other plant-based milk)
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth - you might need to mix it around a couple of times
- Taste and adjust flavours accordingly - add more cocoa powder for chocolate flavour, a sweetener of choice for sweetness etc
- Transfer the mixture into little glass pots or jars
- Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up before serving
- Keeps well covered in the fridge for up to a few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.