Why you'll love this Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese:
- it's undetectably vegan
- it's rich and creamy
- it's light and velvety
- it's "cheesy"
- it's tangy
- it's full of flavour
- it's easy to make
- it's ready in 10 minutes
- it's gluten-free
- it's paleo-friendly
- it's oil-free!
How to make this Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Whizz until completely smooth - add more water if necessary.
Tip: Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary - more vinegar for tanginess, more salt for saltiness etc.
How long does this Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese keep for?
This Cream Cheese keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days.
How to serve this Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese?
Here are some ideas of things you can serve this cream cheese with:
- bread (chickpea bread, almond bread, oat bread, buckwheat bread, walnut bread, bread rolls)
- sliced apple
- sliced persimmon
- crackers or oat cakes
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can substitute the apple cider vinegar with lemon juice
- you can use any type of plant-based yogurt: coconut yogurt, soy yogurt, almond yogurt, cashew yogurt etc
- you can add some dried or fresh herbs - rosemary, parsley or thyme
- you can add some garlic powder or a garlic clove if you like.
More vegan cheese recipes:
- Vegan White Bean Mac and Cheese
- Vegan Brie Cheese
- Vegan Stretchy Melty Cheese Nachos
- Vegan Cashew Cheese Ball
- Vegan Stretchy Melty Cheesy Fries
- Vegan Stretchy Melty Cheese Quesadillas
- Vegan Stretchy Melty Grilled Cheese
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese
- 100 g (⅔ cup) raw cashew nuts (soaked in cold water overnight or in boiling water for 15 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ensure gluten-free if necessary - or sub lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon miso (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons coconut yogurt (or sub any other plant-based yogurt)
- 6 tablespoons water
- Salt to taste
- Drain the soaked cashew nuts
- Place in a food processor with all the other ingredients
- Whizz until completely smooth - add more water if necessary
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary - more vinegar for tanginess, more salt for saltiness etc
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you purchase any of these products, a small percentage will come to me with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.