These Vegan Pumpkin Brownies are rich and fudgy, naturally sweetened and perfectly satisfying!
Why you’ll love these Vegan Pumpkin Brownies:
- they’re undetectably vegan and gluten-free
- they’re rich and fudgy
- they taste indulgent but are secretly healthy
- they’re a good source of protein and fibre
- they’re filling and satisfying
- they’re refined sugar free and date-sweetened
- they’re grain-free
- they’re oil-free
- they’re nut-free optional
- they’re easy to make
- they’re perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
How to make these Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe (including measurements and full instructions).
- Place the soaked and drained dates, almond butter and plant-based milk in a food processor or blender.
- Whizz until completely smooth.
- Transfer into a glass mixing bowl along with all the other ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Transfer the batter into a square baking tin.
Tip: Line the tin with greased baking paper to make it easier to remove the brownies after.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool slightly before cutting into squares!
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can use any type of nut or seed butter – almond butter, peanut butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter, tahini etc
- you can use any type of plant-based milk – almond milk, cashew milk, soy milk, rice milk, oat milk etc
- you can substitute the ground almonds with ground hazelnuts, ground walnuts or ground sunflower seeds
- to make pumpkin spice brownies, you can add 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- you can make them nut-free by using ground sunflower seeds instead of ground almonds, sunflower seed butter or tahini instead of almond butter and nut-free plant-based milk.
How long do these Pumpkin Brownies keep for?
These Pumpkin Brownies keep covered in the fridge for up to a few days – the taste or texture remains unchanged which means they’re great for meal prep and making ahead for entertaining.
More vegan brownies:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Pumpkin Brownies (Gluten-Free)
- 235 g (1 1/3 cup) pitted dates soaked overnight in cold water or 10 minutes in boiling water
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond butter (or sub peanut butter)
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) unsweetened almond milk (or sub any other plant-based milk)
- 65 g (2/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 450 g (15 oz) tin of pumpkin purée
- Pinch salt to taste
- 200 g (2 cups) ground almonds (almond meal) * (or sub ground hazelnuts or walnuts)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Drain the dates and place in a food processor or blender with the almond butter and almond milk
- Blend until completely smooth, mixing it around a couple of times if necessary
- Transfer into a large mixing bowl along with the cocoa powder, pumpkin purée, salt, ground almonds and baking powder
- Mix well, adding a tiny splash more milk if it’s looking too dry
- Transfer the mixture into a square or rectangular baking tin lined with greased baking paper – I used a 23cm/9inch square baking tin
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. They should be slightly cracked at the top and slightly firm inside but still quite gooey – be careful not to overcook!
- Leave to cool before cutting into squares
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.