Here’s why you need to make this Vegan Mexican Tofu Scramble. It’s:
- full of flavour
- super easy to make
- hearty and satisfying!
I love experimenting with tofu, and was keen to make a tofu scramble for the blog. Inspired by my White Bean Scramble, I was keen to add plenty of spices and create something quick and easy yet full of flavour.
So, I went for a base of fragrant garlic and onion and sweet red peppers, along with some aromatic coriander and earthy cumin, smoky paprika and spicy cayenne.
You can use firm or silken tofu – either works depending on what kind of texture you’re after.
This Vegan Mexican Tofu Scramble is delicious on its own with some fruity mango salsa and creamy avocado, but also makes a great filling for burritos, enchiladas or tacos.
For more great Mexican recipes, check out my:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d love to hear how you get on! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag photo #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! I’d really love to hear any feedback – thank you!
This Vegan Mexican Tofu Scramble is full of flavour, super easy to make and hearty and satisfying!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or sub coconut, vegetable or rapeseed oil)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne chilli pepper, to taste
- 300 g (10.5oz) firm or silken tofu, drained and rinsed
- Handful fresh coriander (cilantro), roughly chopped
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Avocado, thinly sliced
- Mango salsa
- In a frying pan, heat up the oil and add onion, garlic and pepper once hot
- Fry for around 10 minutes, until very soft
- Add cumin, smoked paprika and cayenne and fry for about a minute until fragrant
- Add the tofu and use a spatula to break it up into small pieces
- Add the coriander and salt + pepper and leave to cook for a few minutes until the tofu has warmed through
- Serve onto plates with avocado and mango salsa, or use as a filling for burritos, enchiladas or tacos