This Vegan Hot Chocolate is rich and creamy, easy to make and super comforting!
Why you’ll love this Vegan Hot Chocolate:
- it’s thick and creamy
- it’s rich and chocolatey
- it’s warming and comforting
- it’s quick and easy to make
- it’s easily customisable
- it’s gluten-free
- it’s refined sugar free
- it’s nut-free optional!
How to make this Vegan Hot Chocolate
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Mix well, ensuring that the cornflour (cornstarch) has completely dissolved before heating.
- Cook on a medium heat, stirring regularly, for around 5 minutes or until thickened.
Tip: It is crucial to ensure that the cornflour (cornstarch) has dissolved completely before heating, otherwise it will clump up once you start to cook the mixture. Regular stirring is also necessary to ensure you don’t get clumps.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!
Substitutions you can make to this Vegan Hot Chocolate recipe:
- you can use any type of plant-based milk: almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, rice milk, soy milk etc
- you can omit the cornflour (cornstarch) or substitute it with tapioca flour
- you can use any type of sweetener: maple syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup, coconut sugar etc
- you can add a pinch of mixed spice or cinnamon or even chilli powder for depth of flavour
- you can add some peppermint extract or orange extract for freshness
- you can add a teaspoon peanut butter or almond butter for extra rich creaminess.
More vegan hot drinks:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Hot Chocolate
- Mix together all the ingredients in a saucepan - ensure the cornflour has completely dissolved
- Cook on a medium heat, stirring regularly, for around 5 minutes or until thickened
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of the products, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.