This Vegan Eggnog is super rich and creamy, so comforting and perfectly spiced.
Why you’ll love this Vegan Eggnog:
- it’s seriously creamy
- it’s perfectly sweet
- it’s frothy
- it’s festively spiced
- it’s warming and comforting
- it’s smooth and velvety
- it’s easy to make
- it can be enjoyed hot or cold
- it can be made with or without alcohol
- it’s the best drink for Christmas and the festive period!
How to make this Vegan Eggnog
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
Place the cashew nuts, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, maple syrup and milk in a pan.
- Bring to the boil then cook on a low heat for around 7 minutes.
Transfer to a blender and whizz until smooth.
Transfer back to the pan to reheat if you like, or pour into mugs.
Add a splash of rum or brandy to taste, if desired.
How long does this Vegan Eggnog keep for?
This Vegan Eggnog keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days – it can be enjoyed hot or cold. Reheat in the microwave or in a pan on the hob (stove).
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can use any type of plant-based milk: I recommend almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, coconut milk or rice milk
- you can use any type of liquid sweetener: maple syrup, date syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup etc
- you can add some rum/brandy to taste, or omit it entirely for an alcohol-free version
- you can add a shot of espresso or instant coffee (or even chicory powder) to make this into an eggnog latte!
More vegan hot drinks:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Eggnog (GF)
- 50 g (⅓ cup) cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup to taste (or sub any other sweetener)
- 475 ml (2 cups) unsweetened almond milk (or sub any other plant-based milk)
- Splash rum or brandy to taste (optional - ensure vegan/gluten-free if necessary)
- Place the cashew nuts, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, maple syrup and milk in a pan
- Bring to the boil then cook on a low heat for around 7 minutes
- Transfer to a blender and whizz until smooth
- Transfer back to the pan to reheat if you like, or pour into mugs
- Add a splash of rum or brandy to taste, if desired
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days - can be enjoyed hot or cold. Reheat in the microwave or in a pan on the hob (stove)
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.