This Vegan Eggnog is super rich and creamy, so comforting and perfectly spiced.
Why you’ll love this Vegan Eggnog:
- it’s seriously creamy
- it’s perfectly sweet
- it’s frothy
- it’s festively spiced
- it’s warming and comforting
- it’s smooth and velvety
- it’s easy to make
- it can be enjoyed hot or cold
- it can be made with or without alcohol
- it’s the best drink for Christmas and the festive period!
How to make this Vegan Eggnog
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe.
- Place the cashew nuts, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, maple syrup and milk in a pan.
- Bring to the boil then cook on a low heat for around 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Transfer back to the pan to reheat if you like, or pour into mugs.
- Add a splash of rum or brandy to taste, if desired.
How long does this Vegan Eggnog keep for?
This Vegan Eggnog keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days – it can be enjoyed hot or cold. Reheat in the microwave or in a pan on the hob (stove).
Substitutions you can make to this recipe:
- you can use any type of plant-based milk: I recommend almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, coconut milk or rice milk
- you can use any type of liquid sweetener: maple syrup, date syrup, agave syrup, brown rice syrup etc
- you can add some rum/brandy to taste, or omit it entirely for an alcohol-free version
- you can add a shot of espresso or instant coffee (or even chicory powder) to make this into an eggnog latte!
More vegan hot drinks:
If you try out this recipe or anything else from my blog, I’d really love to hear any feedback! Please give it a rating, leave a comment, or tag a photo @rhiansrecipes #rhiansrecipes on Instagram! Thank you.
Vegan Eggnog (GF)
- 50 g (1/3 cup) cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup to taste (or sub any other sweetener)
- 475 ml (2 cups) unsweetened almond milk (or sub any other plant-based milk)
- Splash rum or brandy to taste (optional - ensure vegan/gluten-free if necessary)
- Place the cashew nuts, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, maple syrup and milk in a pan
- Bring to the boil then cook on a low heat for around 7 minutes
- Transfer to a blender and whizz until smooth
- Transfer back to the pan to reheat if you like, or pour into mugs
- Add a splash of rum or brandy to taste, if desired
- Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days - can be enjoyed hot or cold. Reheat in the microwave or in a pan on the hob (stove)
Disclosure: This posts contains affiliate links to Amazon. If you click through and purchase any of these films, a small percentage will come to me, with no extra cost to you! This income will go towards the running of this blog – thank you.